No announcement yet.

OK. cooks. I have a brisket of beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny you should say that. I just bought a $50 guitar and I couldn't find my fucking Homer Lemon Oil. Cleaned it best I could. It's a Memphis, baby.:ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

brisket+crockpot+lots of spicy stuff= killer burritos and tacos
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Here is what I am doing. I have that piece of saddle soaking in a solution of lots of salt, pepper and some stuff called Northwest Cajun Seasoning. I will soak it overnight. I'll start cooking it at 7AM tomorrow and let in go to 1PM. Mr. Brisket. In the oven. With the Corning Ware.:ROTF: :ROTF: I hope I don't get sick.

Comment

sounds like it is going to be salty, be sure to rinse it down, when you remove it from your "solution"
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
            sounds like it is going to be salty, be sure to rinse it down, when you remove it from your "solution"
            Silly boy. That's the soak. A rinse is a given. I will use fresh water for the cooking. I will throw in a few red potatos and carrots and onion around 11AM. I got this all fingered out.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              Here is what I am doing. I have that piece of saddle soaking in a solution of lots of salt, pepper and some stuff called Northwest Cajun Seasoning. I will soak it overnight. I'll start cooking it at 7AM tomorrow and let in go to 1PM. Mr. Brisket. In the oven. With the Corning Ware.:ROTF: :ROTF: I hope I don't get sick.
              You're going to be cooking this for 6 hours, and you are still concerned about getting sick? How old is this piece of beef?

However, I must say that your method here sounds like a good one. Let us know how it turns out
              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Good point.:ROTF: :ROTF: Yeah, this will not be a rare piece of meat.:ROTF: :ROTF: But, I buy used harmonicas.:ROTF:
                Last edited by fett; 07-02-2007, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I was still hungry for BBQ brisket after reading this the other day...broke down yesterday and had http://www.dickeys.com/ not bad but a lot of mom and pop BBQ pitts are better down here
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

My friends have a really nice size smoker/BBQ, we did up a dozen chickens over the week end, 6 hours slow smoked w/ hickory and pecan chips, juicy as hell and literally fallin off the bone. a few cans of doctored up Bushes beans and veggies fresh from the garden, and a keg of Killians,
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Here is what really breaks my balls. In the good old days, you could buy a 7 blade chuck roast for 99cents/pound when the rest of the beef was $4+/pound. I used to buy that cut that was just next to the pricey part of the body. Now, I hope they get Mad Cow, they are charging $4+/pound. I would buy a 5 pound, hardly any bone, chunk of that and I could live for days. It really does pay to make friends with your butcher.

Comment

I just may Webber the saddle. The days here, for the time being, are nice. I have said this before, but 'tis the season, that Kingsfords brickets are not what they used to be. I can always "Oven" a saddle. The Webber is on. Because, if this doesn't work, I know I am right.

Comment

If you go the oven method, put the brisket in a medium depth pan, add a cup of water, cover with foil, and let that fucker cook for 6-7 hours at 250 degrees. The juice itself is worth the effort!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            If you go the oven method, put the brisket in a medium depth pan, add a cup of water, cover with foil, and let that fucker cook for 6-7 hours at 250 degrees. The juice itself is worth the effort!

yeah...good point. Dont let that sukker dry out unless you plan on makin a ball glove with it :ROTF:
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Slow cook it in a crock pot.

Comment

Brisket, part Dos. Well, I snagged 2 for 99 cents a pound. This time, I really seasoned up the soak and that will sit for 22 hours. On this one it's going to cook for 8 hours. With onion. In at 6AM out at 2PM. I'm going to let it cool and then string it. Then, I going to add a 28oz can of Bushes BB's . I'm not farting around this time. I'll save that for Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X