Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative auction websites (not eBay)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative auction websites (not eBay)?

Does anyone here use auction websites other than eBay? If so, what are they (please provide links), and how would you rate your experiences with them compared to eBay?

I found one website tonight (www.scoreit4lessauctions.com) that I had never heard about before. Same thing with www.ubid.com, but I just found out it's for USA residents only.

Craigslist looks shady (this HAS to be the most archaic-looking modern website I've come across recently), and Yahoo Auctions is shut down.

Any more we should know about?

Thanks.

www.guitarauction.com - been there a few times, but it's nothing special.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ubid usually has entry level stuff only.

Sometimes they sell some clearance stuff they pick up, but not anything near top of the line.

I got a Washburn WI-64 on there a couple years ago for $219 shipped (they were selling new for $459 or so then).

I posted a link when they had some of those Jenna Jamison models they were auctioning off recently.

But that's about the level of quality you see there at best.

Comment

Okay, so eBay remains king. Damn.

I take it no one has experience with scoreit4lessauctions... so I'm gonna take one for the team and try it out. Looks tempting, almost "too good to be true" scam territory, but I know there are a bunch of tech toys I'd want so it'd be worth investigating.

Comment

ioffer.com

I sold a couple of things there. Worked ok.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
          X