"Scooter" Libby skates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danastas View Post
    Well, your post was about the Libby thing being a political witchunt, and also about the pardon power being a way to balance power between the branches of gov't. So, it seems my post directly addressed that. Maybe it didn't, but I have no idea how. I was taught in civics class that the buck stops with the Supreme court, ultimately, and that in the end, it all rests on our judiciary system. We found this out for real in 2000.
    Go back and check. I said nothing of the kind

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
      Go back and check. I said nothing of the kind
      LOL, yeah, my bad. I'm sorry. I was responding to YetAnotherOne's post. I don't know what happened. I think I read your post last (i.e. I read through the whole thread first) before making my first response.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
        You need a reality check, and a lesson on the rule of law...crime is crime. There's a penalty....regardless.
        Stealing money is in no way equivocable with outing an undercover operative. And has been noted, the Clintons weren't convicted. Scooter was. Wake up, dude.

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
        We haven't had another 911 on his watch - that tells me he's doing the right thing.
        We had *one* 9/11 on his watch. That tells me he's not doing the right thing. There was sufficient intelligence to prevent it had the administration merely been paying attention.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        yes it is time we pulled out, because the majority of the terrorists we've been chasing have left Iraq.
        There are more terrorists in Iraq now than before we invaded.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Under the terms of the UN Security Council Resolution, time was up and Hussein forfeited his regime. That's when and why we went in.
        Yeah, it wouldn't have anything to do with oil prices, now would it.

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
        In I am serious about China because Clinton did let them have a LOT of missile tech.
        BushJr sent all the tech support to India. Which is worse? With their own missiles, China can deal with North Korea, which is what BushJr wants anyway. He refuses to even talk to Pyongyang, which is the core of our problem there.

Originally posted by marcus View Post
        This [Iranian hostage] crisis may have happened under Carter, but it was clearly a response to long simmering anger over the CIA removing the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran in 1953, under Eisenhower.
        USA Today a couple of weeks ago alluded to the CIA's involvement in _keeping_ those hostages there until Reagan was sworn in. Think about who was the VP-elect and his employment history.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

necrotechno - while I agree with some of your points and think "W" is the biggest piece of shit to ever be a US President, you're not going to win any arguments blaming "W" for things like outsourcing to India - his predecessors (Republican and Democrat) paved the way for that to happen - he just didn't do a thing to curb it.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
          X