Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm interviewing King Diamond next friday, need good Q's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the article regarding Melissa, dont know if the details are correct about King and his home and stuff but whatever. http://www.anus.com/zine/news/1013.html

And yes what kind of wrench does he use on his balls?

Comment

Ya know, Pallers is doing a cool thing with a guy that a lot of people do like, and most of you guys are being totally bogus (and I'm being nice).

If someone was interviewing one of the 80s hairspray bands that so many of you are fanboys of, you'd be bent if people were being like this.

Yeah, King may sound pretty iffy lately (and in the past, haha), and I have lost my taste for him as well. But a lot of his music is pretty decent and was pretty impressive for its release date. Abigail is quite cool.

It's just not very respectful of you to act like this to another respectable JCF'r. Dude asked for some serious input, and you guys become clowns.

Comment

Ask what equipment they use to get their guitar sound and the settings, then post here so I can play it.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
          Yeah, King may sound pretty iffy lately (and in the past, haha), and I have lost my taste for him as well.
          Abigail II (2002) just blew me away. I'm an old school fan, too...and that's a stronger, more consistent album than Abigail I IMHO (which I also love). Laroque has more of a warmer, Marshally kind of tone on that than that Metaltronix vibe he had early on.

Comment

wow. i have to agree with cleveland metal!!! if we were dogging a member of ratt, heads would be rolling!!!

hmmm, as cool as it would be to think of a question(s), i just can't right yet....

i will need to think a little more....

thanks, though, this is a pretty awesome thing you are doing...
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dunno, usually around 1000 or so every show here. As good or better than many other bands that you all adore here. Ratt, and the like...

He seems to do fine round these parts, haha...
              He sells out pretty decent sized venues here.

I really would like to know why he won't meet his fans, though (and I am one). I know he's a private person and all, but, not even a few autographs?

I'd also like to know if he has any other things he's working on or media he would like to get his hands in like film, etc. A movie directed by KD would surely kick major ass.

Comment

I have a request for KD, which is technically a question! I saw him in Columbus a few years ago for the belated Abigail II tour, and he was incredible. However, his set was a bit short, less than an hour. Ask him if he can play a bit longer this time! Also, a "non-loaded" question for KD...who was the girl who was doing some of the vocals with him on stage?

Comment

I loved that "No Presents for Christmas" tune back in the mid 80s. Ask him if he has any plans for a full length holiday cd?

On a serious note, what keeps him driven to do his thing after all these years?
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

I can understand why some people will bust on KD..he definitely is an aquired tatse. For those who love him are devoted fans for MANY years. He may seem like a joke to those who don't really get his gig. I didn't up 'till about '95 or so when Cleveland John turned me onto him. Now I love the fucker and really enjoy his shows big time. He goes all out on the "show" part and always had killer musicians..which perked my interest in the first place.

Also we are kinda on the same page in our "beliefs"..he's pretty dovoted to Anton LAVey's philosophies, and a card carrying member of the Church Of Satan..but he does respect people of all faiths.

He's very open of his beliefs and doesn't mind sharing them in interviews I've read..which is somewhat a mystery to many who dig him..maybe you can hit on that note...the really high note!

King's stories are on par with the best horror authors of our time..HP Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, Clive Barker or Stephen King ect..he sets his stories to music and plays ALL the characters..hence the several voices he uses.

Like him or loathe him..Everyone here could only wish to be of the calibre to play with King Diamond...and that's a big no shit.

To ANY nay sayers..by all means try to learn anything from "Abigail" or "Them" well , that's "80's metal"..or pretty much anything he writes.

Besides. Jay and Silent Bob was totally down with the King playing "Welcome Home" throuout "Clerks 2"..maybe you can ask how he feels about that song in that movie..I would!!

Bill Z Bub
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      if we were dogging a member of ratt, heads would be rolling!!!
                      That has a slightly different meaning in the UK!

My partner is an ex-music journo and I think I've heard/read a lot of the interviews she's written. If you ever read any of these magazines, Rolling Stone, Circus, NYRock, Music Express, Inside Connection, CD Now - All star mag, e!Online, you probably have read some of her interviews.

In fact, I'll go and get her and she can give you some advice.

Here she is...

Hiya, Shobet summoned me to the computer (away from mine and to his, that is), do a bit of research and find out about his hobbies, what he likes, dislikes, I would avoid the dislikes in the first few minutes, might set a slightly tense tone to the interview, get him on something that interests him and you're quite likely to get good quotes. Remember he needs PR as much as you need a good interview, he's been around long enough to know the game, so he'll try to make this as easy as possible for you too. Think about what you would like to read or to know about him, most readers are actually interested in what the "celebs" are really like, i.e. what they have for breakfast, what they do, hobbies, unless it is for a very specific magazine (like a guitar magazine) I would not get too technical, or you lose your readers.

So there you go, from the horses mouth so to speak, I'll be in trouble for saying that!

Good luck, and you never know you he might like kittens. If he's a musician, chances are that he likes pussy
                      Last edited by shobet; 07-03-2007, 04:48 PM.
                      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        To ANY nay sayers..by all means try to learn anything from "Abigail" or "Them" well , that's "80's metal"..or pretty much anything he writes.
                        Damn right, I agree! That dude is like the "Satanic Rodney Dangerfield" of metal.

The Man with the Shaven Head

Comment

Ask Kim, sorry, King, what he thinks of todays metal scene, and the music scene/business in general. Is it more about making money now than "back in the days" in that many popular artists today don't even write their own music and lyrics? Or was it just as bad before, maybe we're just in denial?

What are his favorite bands/artists today?

Who was he influenced by when he started out, was Alice Cooper a source of inspiration (face paint and shocking image/stage show)?

His favorite movies? Any favorite authors/books? Does he read Lovecraft, Poe etc?

How does he maintain his voice?

I'm sure I could think of more but it's a start! Huge fan here.
                          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Ya know, Pallers is doing a cool thing with a guy that a lot of people do like, and most of you guys are being totally bogus (and I'm being nice).

If someone was interviewing one of the 80s hairspray bands that so many of you are fanboys of, you'd be bent if people were being like this.

Yeah, King may sound pretty iffy lately (and in the past, haha), and I have lost my taste for him as well. But a lot of his music is pretty decent and was pretty impressive for its release date. Abigail is quite cool.

It's just not very respectful of you to act like this to another respectable JCF'r. Dude asked for some serious input, and you guys become clowns.
                            You know what dude, you are 100% right.
                            When Robin Crosby passed away some people became touchy and it felt around here like a 1000 kittens were slaugthered.

I did not mean to make fun of the guy. Heck! back in the day I owned many of his albums, yes albums. Don't Break the Oath, Melissa, etc. I enjoyed his music and thought that someone that sung like a stuck pig (no offense) could not take himself so seriously.

I do want to know what was the inspiration for the make up?
                            Will he ever take it off?
                            What's in store?
                            What does he think about the crazy black metal Norwegians?
                            Which (new or old) bands does he respect on his genre?
                            What music is he listening to now?
                            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Haha.. we're thinking of more or less the same questions here Joe
                              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                                You know what dude, you are 100% right.
                                When Robin Crosby passed away some people became touchy and it felt around here like a 1000 kittens were slaugthered.

I did not mean to make fun of the guy. Heck! back in the day I owned many of his albums, yes albums. Don't Break the Oath, Melissa, etc. I enjoyed his music and thought that someone that sung like a stuck pig (no offense) could not take himself so seriously.

I do want to know what was the inspiration for the make up?
                                Will he ever take it off?
                                What's in store?
                                What does he think about the crazy black metal Norwegians?
                                Which (new or old) bands does he respect on his genre?
                                What music is he listening to now?
                                Now yer talkin' Joe..

His inspiration for the make up and theatrics must have came from Alice Cooper..then Kiss.

Melissa and Don't Break gets mucho plays at my humble but Satanic abode...

You should check out Force Of Evil Joe..it's basically Merciful Fate without Kim Diamond..it's the dude from the power metal bands Iron Fire..you may like that..I do

But when I hear that classic sound/tone (Sherman/Denner) in FOE it sounds there's something missing..and that's KD!

I sat with Glen Drover during their set..and he was like a kid..I never seen him that enthused or happy..
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X