No announcement yet.

Transformers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my wife, my brother and I just got back from seeing this complete piece of shit. We all agreed we shoulda walked out an hour into it.

Who writes the scripts these days, 10 year olds?

Acting was horrendous, plot sucked dick, and making the transformers goofy was just plain dumb. The only thing good about it was the special effects.

Please god, don't let them ruin Indiana Jones 4.

But after watching Hollywood destroy the Star Wars prequels and seeing mis-marketed crap like this, I have lost all hope.

Comment

Ugh, I saw this fucking abomination. If you know about the Transformers Universe at all, the movie should piss you off because of all the horrible Transformers inaccuracies.

The CONSTANT product placement was also really fucking irritating.

I LOVE Transformers, the original movie is one of my all-time favs. But this was just a conglomeration of shitty Hollywood storylines interspersed with a few minutes of Transformers action. I won't even begin with the Hollywood bullshit that won out over continuity with the Transformers universe.

I had really hoped for something much better.

Comment

You know, I've watched this twice now. The Transformers designs sucked and were too generic. Its also obvious they are trying to appeal to a mass market and not the fans. but now that I've seen it twice I think its kinda blah. Its still not bad, but for a diehard fan it just doesn't do it for me.

Originally posted by Argos View Post
        I won't even begin with the Hollywood bullshit that won out over continuity with the Transformers universe.
        The continuity of Transformers is so fucked up anywya, I doubt it cna get much worse :ROTF:

Comment

Hmm so from the reviews here it's either the best movie ever, a complete piece of shit, or kind of blah.

Sounds like every other movie in existence!

Comment

Ralph E & Argos, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

A Letter To Optimus Prime:

http://mcsweeneys.net/2007/7/9weaver.html
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                Ugh, I saw this fucking abomination. If you know about the Transformers Universe at all, the movie should piss you off because of all the horrible Transformers inaccuracies.

The CONSTANT product placement was also really fucking irritating.

I LOVE Transformers, the original movie is one of my all-time favs. But this was just a conglomeration of shitty Hollywood storylines interspersed with a few minutes of Transformers action. I won't even begin with the Hollywood bullshit that won out over continuity with the Transformers universe.

I had really hoped for something much better.
                wasn't the original cartoon series all about selling the toys anyway?

I guess I'm grateful that I never liked the original show. I enjoyed this movie, and thanks to my lack of reference, couldn't pick up on the "horrible Transformers inaccuracies" and continuity issues in the Transformers universe.

I didn't see the product placement as being any worse than any recent James Bond films. Seems it's the way of the world now, if the movie is expected to make big box office.

I find it amusing that although Charvelrocker thought the designs sucked and the movie was designed to appeal to the mass market, they got their money twice out of him!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Well, apparently they're making two sequels, and the writers for this one and Micheal Bay haven't signed on yet.

So I hope they stay the fuck away from the next two and find people who can do these awesome toys justice. No surprise that this blew when you look at the list of films that those three have made.
                  Last edited by Argos; 07-12-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I never watched the cartoons at all... I saw some on youtube last night though... Can't say it was too awesome I'm affraid. The movie was well funny and I enjoyed myself though, but again I'd have no clue about anything continuity related.

Comment

I heard some guys in line behind me at the cinema talking very seriously about Michael Bay's body of work, but I had no idea who the guy was. Name didn't ring any bells.

So I've just looked him up on IMDB. Apart from a few cheesy films (Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon), is this guy the remake king or what? Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Amityville Horror, The Hitcher. A remake of Hitchcock's The Birds is in pre-production & he's currently working on another Friday 13th sequel.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Parts of Transformers was filmed just 4 blocks from my house here in Alamogordo NM and 17 miles from me to the west at White Sands Natl. Monument. Gotta go see it I guess. Other movies filmed right here were Young Guns 1 and 2, Mad Love with Chris O' Donnel and Drew Barrymore (I got to see Drew close up), Tank Girl and another movie yet to be released about the war in Iraq.

Comment

?

Comment

My kids loved it, and I thought it was a great flick. 12 thumbs up from my house
                            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Some people can never just enjoy mindless fun.

This movie sucked, how could this be, in part 7 of season 2 of the original series, it said that blah blah blah. So therefore this movie makes no sense.:ROTF:

Hey guys, let me let you in on something. They don't spend 150 million+ to make a movie to appeal to the small sect of uber fans. These movies are made to make money.
                              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by SARJ View Post
                                Parts of Transformers was filmed just 4 blocks from my house here in Alamogordo NM and 17 miles from me to the west at White Sands Natl. Monument. Gotta go see it I guess. Other movies filmed right here were Young Guns 1 and 2, Mad Love with Chris O' Donnel and Drew Barrymore (I got to see Drew close up), Tank Girl and another movie yet to be released about the war in Iraq.

Ah, how I miss teenage drunken runs up to Alamorgordo/Ruidoso and lsd fueled days in White Sands. Sometimes I miss El Paso, for it's lack of any laws when I was growing up. Thinking the bartenders in Juarez didn't realize we were 13.

Long live El General from Chihuahua Charlie's.
                                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Working...
                                X