Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with home alarms... Brinks, ADT, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
    Heh heh... good idea Bill. We actually put the alarm in because we have a pool with a fence around it but wanted to know when the doors opened in the house( it chimes when any door is opened). We just had a bear cub roll through our yard the other day too so we look at the alarm as a good warning system for bears (if they ever decided to try and enter the house) Also, I am not so much worried about intruders coming in as I am about my kids going out without us knowing... With the kids it is worth the peace of mind, ya know what I am saying?
    Yes, I do, that is certainly the exception to the rule IMO!

We don't have a problem with bears here..So, that reason makes sense!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
      i've had alarm systems and i *personally* think it's pissing money down the drain. i'd just get a dog.

there's another angle to the scam. when people move into a house with an alarm system. they are so excited that it's already installed that they think nothing of paying for the monitoring. of course, there's the whole start up fee for the company to come out and assess the existing system and get it running. Why? because the previous owners got so tired of paying the monthly fee, they let it expire and eventually forgot how the system worked and could not tell the new owners how it worked. I've seen this happen 3 times with the house next door. once the alarm company gets it installed, they are friggin set for life. it's like a cockroach that won't die!

(of course i'm being facetious to some extent)
      I Agree,..alarm and insurance companys are taking care of each other to push discount promotions and incentives..it's fuggin' huge buisness..Ka-Ching!

But reasons such as Bears make sense.

-------------------------------------------------

Mosh, ..Nice Gun..and pretty exciting to shoot..a little pricey at approx $1.25 a round to shoot at the range. My dad got rid of his, but kept the 44. ..it's pretty!

I wish I had that in my insane shootout..it would have certainly helped me. I nailed him with my service 9mm a few times..after 90 rounds exchanged!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Check out this laughable install:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you want an alarm, don't go with one of the big companies. The prices are low, but so is the service.
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
          X