Live Earth 07.07.07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Earth 07.07.07

Concerts all over the world today for climate in crisis. And everything is free to watch over the internet. Check the links:

Living the Live Earth Pledge www.watch7-7-07.com (watch7707liveearthconcert)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Major disappointment.. They are broadcasting it here 20 hours straight, but it is cramped and overflowing with pro nature commercials. And the artists they show aren't that great either.. at least what I've seen so far.

Live 8 > Live Earth
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I've been watching Genesis for the last 15 minutes.. some ads between songs but all in all it's pretty cool.
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Try calculate the amount of electricity the shows are eating up + all the TV sets and computers around the world, watching this event.

And the fuel used by airplanes and trucks to arrange the gear and the performers.

Ah well
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

There are some rappers performing for the organisation. How can they do that while they own 4.0 engine cars with 8 cylinders...

And Henrik's right, I thought about that, too. And since I thought about that, it's right

Btw, everyone started calling Henrik, "Hendrik" just because of me. Now how cool is that?
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            Btw, everyone started calling Henrik, "Hendrik" just because of me. Now how cool is that?
            Damn you to hell:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Try calculate the amount of electricity the shows are eating up + all the TV sets and computers around the world, watching this event.

And the fuel used by airplanes and trucks to arrange the gear and the performers.

Ah well
              they did repeatedly stress during the Aussie broadcast that the whole show was carbon neutral. There was some American expert who was travelling around to the different shows to talk to organisers, suppliers, etc to audit their expected transport, travel, power & stuff so that their effect could be reduced where possible, and where it wasn't possible, to offset with carbon credits.
              or something

anyone catch that band in Tokyo, I think they were called Abingdon Boys School or something like that? Kind of generic modern rock, but both guitarists were tearing it up! Wailing, they was!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

Ah well
                I think that would be acceptable if the effects of these shows reduce pollution on the long run. It's comparable with a business, you first have to spend a lot of money before you can make some profit

Comment

Metallica starts in few minutes in UK...for those of you who are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    anyone catch that band in Tokyo, I think they were called Abingdon Boys School or something like that? Kind of generic modern rock, but both guitarists were tearing it up! Wailing, they was!
                    those guys kick ass, Sunao and Hiroshi are a lot better players than most of those so called modern day guitar heroes on GW covers... very versatile players and sound a lot like the guys from the 80's
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Were that the guys with a Gibson LP and a reverse-head Strat? I saw a short clip of them and think they kicked much ass. Except for the drummer- He stunk
                      Henrik
                      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Metallica's just around the corner here.. What did the comment guy say they'd play.. "Nothing Else Matters" and "Enter Sandman"?? Bleh:/ Hope they'll play something else too!

Comment

Just saw tallica.

If anyone gets the Sundance Channel, they're broadcasting the whole thing on there with minimal interjections of crap.

Comment

too bad you only get one square in the port o crappers
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

The pussycat dolls are worth looking at. I've had to turn the volume off though as their warblings are disturbing my rhythm
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X