Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang! that thing looks sweet!!!
    Good job bro.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I have to ask here...besides the "looking cool" part, what's the point of putting a scoop on a front-engine car?
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        I have to ask here...besides the "looking cool" part, what's the point of putting a scoop on a front-engine car?
        The looking cool part, of course.:ROTF: What's the difference if it is front or mid/rear engine? It is functional and adds a cooler outside air charge to the engine instead of all that hot underhood air.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally it was used to ram air into the carb (remember them?) to increase performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
            Originally it was used to ram air into the carb (remember them?) to increase performance.
            Right , Ralph. We are old enough to remember all those cool Shakers from Ford and mother Mopar.

Mine is routed to the stock airbox. Not really a ram effect, but it does add outside air like I said.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yes, cooler air=increased HP.

I grew up on Mustangs. My dad had everything thru the years:

'65 Shelby
              '68 Shelby 500KR
              '69 Shelby 350 Convertible
              '70 Boss 302
              and all sorts of Mach 1's.

Unfortunately, he sold them all during the lull in the 90's. Now they're worth crazy money.

Comment

Yeah the cold air induction does add a bit of horsepower especially with a performanceheader/pipes/muffler.

Ralph. your Dad had some really cool rides. mustang Fastbacks are my favorites. It must have been really cool to experience all those firsthand. I know I have great memmories of my Dads '73 convertable.

Yeah Scott. let me make a few payments before i start cutting holes in the hood. lol. It looks pretty simple. I have a bunch of air powered tools that will cut through it as well as the good ol' jigsaw. Thanks again for the links you emailed me.
                Last edited by Firebird V; 07-09-2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Yep, those were fun times in the 80's. I owned 3 SVO's and 2 GT's ('88 and '92), the SVO's are my personal favorite even though most people don't like the 4 cylinder turbo. They are more difficult to drive, you need to hit shift points to keep the turbo going.

If life ever turns around and is good again, I will be all over a new Stang!

Comment

I liked the SVO look better but never drove one. Stay positive. Things will turn around. 4 Months ago I was outta work for almsot 5 months... Things got better.

Comment

06 pony
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
                        Welcome to the Stang Club!! Nice color...
                        Now kiss yer disposable income buh-bye.
                        lol...

For Mustangs - you can get pretty much anything you want. Ford has sold so freaking many that a good-sized industry has developed just to upfit 'Stangs.

Like mine...

Heres a good link for the striping kits:
                        Graphic Express Stripes and Decals is the leader in restoration and aftermarket automotive stripes, decals and paint stencils. Your first choice for quality products.

Just Google 'Mustang Parts'....

Reminds me of the GT-R
                        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post

Been wanting one of these for a while and I finally bit the bullet.
                          Very nice Chris. Now.. go get those white stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post

06 pony

Nice! I wish they still made the it in yellow. I was trying to track down a yellow one locally but could only find the blue which was my 2nd color choice yellow being number 1. I am cool with the blue though!

Is that a ragtop PT in the background? You Maynards have some cool rides.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                              Very nice Chris. Now.. go get those white stripes.
                              I am going to go with white but I cant decide on the stripes I want to go with... Mach 1? Shelby? GT300?(that would be the closest HP rating), Boss stripes?

Comment

Yes sir that is a PT turbo ragtop ..
                                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                                X