No announcement yet.

What happened to Doc Dryer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had heard he was having some health problems, but didn't know how serious. He was always one of the most enthusiastic & helpful guys around. He'll definitely be missed. RIP Doc.

Comment

Doc was a great soul. This guy would just send me guitars and say " Play it for a month...if you like it, send me money, if not, just send the guitar back. "

He had a lot of knowledge and was just a genuinely great person to talk to. I loved talking to him.

I would just like to say, Doc was a rare person with a heart full of kindness. You very rarely come across someone like him. If you are ever fortunate enough to do so, cherish that moment and spend what time you can with that person and maybe....just maybe, some of that person will rub off onto you.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Nicely said sir...

I always felt he was a special sort of person. This saddens me greatly.

Comment

I remember Doc doing what Lou referred to, sending guitars out on spec and faith, and I don't think Lou was the only one. This was a tighter group back then, but still, that's a beautiful thing, that trust.

Does anybody know somewhere we can find out more details, like an actual obituary or news article? I would like to pay respects if there's an online guestbook. I searched but didn't see anything. Just a couple of forum entries that really had no information other than saying he's gone.

God bless him, he's in a better place than we are. My prayers are with his family and friends.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

wow, that is sad. I missed Doc when he disappeared from around here.

I bought a preamp from him for my Model 4 years ago, and thanks to the postal service there were delays with it getting here. He was concerned it was taking so long and chased me up a couple of times a week until it finally arrived. When the preamp did turn up, I found that he had tossed a couple of pickups out of a Model 5 in with the package, and with a note that said something like "one of these works fine, the other has issues, you can have them both." I had read from others on the forum of his generosity, and here I was experiencing it myself.

Plus he used to occasionally send me pics of a sweet just-arrived guitar and ask what I thought of it, before he shared them with the forum. I always thought it was nice that he would let me have an advance peek before everyone else. I might have been doing the same with a bunch of other members, but he was great at making you feel good when you spoke to him.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Bad news about his passing.

Great news about what kind of person everyone thought he was.

Doc, you shall be missed.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Wow, what a shocker... Doc hooked me up a few times, as did I, and that's just the way he was!

RIP brother! 'nuff said....
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I remember seeing his name back when I first joined, but I don't recall interacting with him. Seems to me he was a good friend to many.
                  "POOP"

Comment

[QUOTE=VitaminG;1182585]wow, that is sad. I missed Doc when he disappeared from around here.

I bought a preamp from him for my Model 4 years ago, and thanks to the postal service there were delays with it getting here. He was concerned it was taking so long and chased me up a couple of times a week until it finally arrived. When the preamp did turn up, I found that he had tossed a couple of pickups out of a Model 5 in with the package, and with a note that said something like "one of these works fine, the other has issues, you can have them both." I had read from others on the forum of his generosity, and here I was experiencing it myself.

QUOTE]

And I believe those pieces came from my Model 5 that I had Doc do a 5150 job on. I had him dump in some EMG's and he asked what I wanted to do with the old p'ups/electronics. I said I didn't know, I didn't have much use for them. He asked if he could have them to send to a forum member in Australia. And I think he mentioned your name when it came up.

So I told him he can do whatever he wants with them. -Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Very sad news, indeed. Doc was always a cool cat in my book.

RIP, Doc. You'll be missed.

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP, Doc. He was a very cool guy. I bought a couple of old Duncan Invaders from him, and we spoke on the phone once or twice and I traded him my old Charvel Model 6 for a Model 5A.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wow, how sad. He was a way cool cat to me. RIP Doc.

Comment

RIP Doc

Doc was a helluva guy and honest as they come. I did a couple trades of long/short OFR sustain blocks with him. He also sent me some parts free of charge just because I needed them at the time...great guy all around and I'm sad to hear that he is no longer with us
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Oh sad news RIP Doc.

...'nuff said.
                                Henrik
                                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                                X