Cool dude at the fleamarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool dude at the fleamarket

I'm a regular there and I have made some friends. There is this one guy who shops for guitars there as I do. There is a big difference between he and I. He plays professionally. We joke around alot. He breaks my balls on my cheap buys just like you do. Well, today I got a treat. He walked up beside me and stuck a sealed CD in my hand. It's a CD of his band. He plays a lot of slide and he uses an obscenely old Gibson. I just thought that was way cool of him. There are nice cool people out there. Really. There are.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Maybe someday he'll walk up to you and give you that obcenely old Gibson
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

He just likes to rub it in every once in awhile. He's about my age and about as tall. Chatting is fun. And I am in love with his wife.

Comment

He's fucking famous. Check out the "Bio". No wonder we get along. I grew up in the Bay Area at the same time.:ROTF: http://www.billystapleton.com/ I'm going to get his autograph.
        Last edited by fett; 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Stay away from the wife. I'm pretty sure you can get a better one for cheaper
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

He likes Hawaiian shirts, too. This guy is so laid back he'd fall over backwards, but he's a veteran and has stayed upright for decades. He's just a nice person.

Comment

I listened to his CD last night. If you like slide you can't do better than this. I am trully impressed. And it was "Free".

Comment

Well, I saw my slide hero yesterday. I asked him who did the production. He DID!. It's awesome. He's going to bring me a CD he did 5 years ago. Old rockers can be very cool. And he is quite humble. Don't you young pups just wish that your mates were like that?

Comment

He sounds like a great guy, Fett. You really need to drag your ass out one night & catch his live show.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    He sounds like a great guy, Fett. You really need to drag your ass out one night & catch his live show.
                    Yeah, I know. I could be a regular groupie.:ROTF:

Comment

I'm starting to figure why you didn't go for that FEMALE at the thrift shop, fett! :ROTF:
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Jeez, tendonitis took him down for 5 years?!!! Sounds like an interesting guy to chat with.

Comment

Now, I know I have too many guitars. I was the first person to see a really nice Harmony Sovereign acoustic. I PASSED IT UP. I did, however, tell the Cool Dude about it and he snagged it. He was very happy. And I felt good.

Comment

The "Cool Dude" strikes again. I saw him today at the fleamarket. He was impressed with the Squier 5-string bass I bought there last week. I told him I needed an Allen screw for one of the bridge saddles. They are bigger than what I have. Then I told him that the ground wire came off the jack. And I told him it was missing a string. He said, "Just bring it to me at the market. And I will fix all of that. Free" Yikes. I think he likes me.

Comment

Go for it, fett!

Not that there's anything wrong with that
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X