No announcement yet.

Cool dude at the fleamarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I left out he kicked me in the ass:ROTF: . He's just a fine person. I guess you have to be 55+ to know what I mean. BTW. He gave me his first CD and $20 as a finder's fee for the Harmony. Maybe, I should have bought it.
    Last edited by fett; 09-15-2007, 02:47 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Did you tell him you wrote a thread about him here? Awwwwwwwww
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe next time you see him you can tell him and maybe invite him out for beers then one thing leads to another and the next morning:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Steady on, Ron. It's not often that you meet a trully nice person. I guess it's a fleamarket thing. There are lots of them there. Maybe, it's the open air. Don't fucking knock it if you haven't tried it. Something tells me you couldn't be what I am at a fleamarket.
          Last edited by fett; 09-15-2007, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I ain't knockin' it; just bustin' your balls a little. I actually am a pretty good cheapskate and I wish I could buy & sell like you!

You sure you ain't Dutch?

Comment

I'm Cheapanese.:ROTF: I just thought that up.

Comment

LOL - good one

Did you hear about my tiramisu buy at the 99 Cents Only Store?

Comment

See my 'roids reply. I have no idea what that is.

Comment

The Cool Dude struck again. But, I missed all but the last few minutes. I was surfing the radio and heard a slide tune that I thought sounded like the Dude. It was. He had a two-hour interview on our local jazz/blues public radio station. I saw him today at the fleamarket and I told him I missed it. He said he will try and get a tape of it for me. This guy is just awesome.

Comment

I like this pic on his website, I wonder if he can still do that move?

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        The "Cool Dude" strikes again. I saw him today at the fleamarket. He was impressed with the Squier 5-string bass I bought there last week. I told him I needed an Allen screw for one of the bridge saddles. They are bigger than what I have. Then I told him that the ground wire came off the jack. And I told him it was missing a string. He said, "Just bring it to me at the market. And I will fix all of that. Free" Yikes. I think he likes me.
                        I know I am quoting myself. I got the bass back today. It was a little more of a wiring problem that I expected. He spent about an hour making it all better. Found the screw and a string. Any idea what a shop would have charged? I guess $100. He said it was fun working on it. Just, one fine person. That's all I can say.

Comment

Have you invited him here?

Comment

Nope. He's a slide guitar blues oriented guy. Trust me. He has nothing in common with us.:ROTF: We were talking today and I said; "You are, at least, 4 years older than me." Back in the 60's that was a HUGE age difference. It was the difference between being old enough to live the scene and being on the tag end. Turns out he was born in 1949 and I was born in 1950. He did it and I was just an observer. And I quote from the Cool Guy; " At least, we had a good time.":ROTF: Don't get fucking old.

Comment

Working...
                            X