The new "Over Size Box" rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new "Over Size Box" rates

I am looking at something on ebay, that I really, really want. Thank God, it's in Portland Ore and I live in Seattle. I played a bit with the zip codes, and the shipping cost for me is about $32. I plugged in a 11--- zip and the shipping went up to $65. On an item that should sell for about $135, that's a hugh difference in total cost. This new oversize box rate will kill a lot of deals, I think. If my shipping cost were $65, I would not even bid on it.
    Last edited by fett; 07-08-2007, 02:27 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Originally posted by fett View Post
    I am looking at something on ebay, that I really, really want. Thank God, it's in Portland Ore and I live in Seattle. I played a bit with the zip codes, and the shipping cost for me is about $32. I plugged in a 11--- zip and the shipping went up to $65. On an item that should sell for about $135, that's a hugh difference in total cost. This new oversize box rate will kill a lot of deals, I think. If my shipping cost were $65, I would not even bid on it.
    for domestic, it's a lot cheaper to ship a guitar with fedex that usps. for international, it's the other way around.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

It's not a guitar. The item is basically an amp. But the demensions make it "over-size". As I said, if the shipping were any higher I would not bother.

Comment

It's called "inflation"...I know us cheap bastards hate it...life goes on...
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, it's the realization by the shippers that people are shipping just about anything because of ebay. They used to have to handle just a standard "Box". As in 12X12X maybe 4. Now, the boxes are bigger and they take up space on the planes or whatever. They have a right to adjust for that. However, they decided to stick it to us.

Comment

Working...
          X