Finally got mixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got mixed!

My band finally got a song up on our page! It's an older song, wish we coulda done a newer one!! Now I see how/why everybody says recording is a pain in the ass!

Check it out at:
    myspace.com/dredgingthelake
    I love admins!

i got by that by buying my own home studio...less pressure and its cool toknow how to mix your own stuff...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
      i got by that by buying my own home studio...less pressure and its cool toknow how to mix your own stuff...d.m.
      I don't think I wanna go down that route! Though this guy had a nice studio! Though when we mix the next song, I wanna go in and assist etc...My guitar seemed a little drowned out, and the snare sounded thin! Otherwise I think it came out great!
      I love admins!

Comment

the snare was probably close miked with a 57...see if he can add a little bass to it to help fill it out...the main reason i went the home studio route is because all of the local ones i had been in would do the exact same thing to my guitar sound...bury it so it didnt breathe...i got fed up with it and did it myself...and believe it or not...recording yourself isnt that hard...if you have a good pair of ears and know what you want its just a matter of getting clean signals on tape and twisting knobs til you hear what you want (an oversimplification but tryng to illustrate that there is no maagic to it really)...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
          Though when we mix the next song, I wanna go in and assist etc...
          LOL, every recording / mixing engineer's worst nightmare, right there!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            LOL, every recording / mixing engineer's worst nightmare, right there!
            :ROTF: engineers just love when all the band dudes are behind their back and... the drummer goes "dude the kick has to be louder" guitarists "can you put the guitar more in front please" bassists "I can't hear my bass very well, what can you do about it" singer "I don't think the vocals have enough reverb" etc.

yup everyone loves that
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Endrik, you forgot the godd*mn keyboard player, who has reluctantly been allowed to lay down several stereo tracks with gravy-thick crap strings and piano smothered in hell-on-earth reverb #%&¤#/ crap of bullsh*t noise! Sorry, got carried away.

HE also wants every little key/synth to be CLEAR and obsessively LOUD in the mix. Talk about drown machine.

Band guys: Step back and let the engineer do his work.

He has to fit in all those tracks into TWO (2) channels, also known as STEREO. 2 speakers. That's a tough job! :ROTF:
              Henrik

Comment

LOL

gotta love those modern keyboard players with their 101 god-awfull string sounds

I totally agree.... let the engineer do his work... the band members have to concentrate on their own playing and music... if you focus 100% on your music then the record will sound a lot better than if you would start wondering wich fucking mics to use.... wich pres are the best... how to fucking compress and eq... blah blah blah

The band members are the most un-objective people and probably the worst producers.

You just have to find the right engineers and producers... that's it.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Are we off-topic by any chance? Sorry, sl2lover.
                  Henrik

Comment

Working...
                  X