Boston Brad Delp Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Brad Delp Tribute

Anyone else get tickets for the Boston/Delp tribute concert next month ..

oh and if there was any doubt he was surely a Jackson brother. i always loved this guitar

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

I wish I was able to go.
    I love that guitar.
    TOM bridge, single hum and a blank Ebony board with full binding!
    The man had taste.
    -Rick

Comment

A great loss.....
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Brad Delp Memorial Concert

Anyone else going to this? I bought tickets yesterday. Now I just gotta get to Boston.

“COME TOGETHER” A TRIBUTE TO THE LIFE OF BRAD DELP
        PRESENTED BY WZLX, BOSTON’S CLASSIC ROCK STATION 100.7

(Boston, MA) The family and friends of Brad Delp will “COME TOGETHER” to share a special musical night honoring and remembering Brad Delp, the extraordinary man and his beautiful music. The iconic song title, “COME TOGETHER,” was selected as the name and theme for the event to highlight Brad’s love of Beatles’ music and also to inspire a sense of collaboration amongst the many musicians, family, friends and community that loved and admired him.

Hosted by television personality, Lynn Hoffman, The concert will take place on August 19th, 2007 at the Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, MA.

The “COME TOGETHER” concert was motivated by the adult children of Brad Delp, his extended family, friends, fans, Beatlejuice mates and members of the band Boston, present and past who shared his professional and social life for over 30 years.

Jennifer Delp, a graduate of the prestigious University of Southern California film school, wrote and directed a film about her father that will be shown during the evening. It features never before seen footage of Brad Delp that expresses not only his role as the lead singer of the hugely successful band BOSTON; but the man himself, and those who loved him.

During his lifetime, Brad Delp generously supported causes that he believed in such as anti-violence (to people and animals) organizations as well as those that helped hunger and shelter programs. For more than 2 decades, he funded these concerns via donations to the DTS Foundation, created by likeminded Tom Scholz. Thus, the DTS Charitable Foundation will receive some proceeds from the “Come Together “ concert. The remainder of the proceeds will go to a newly formed charity, The Brad Delp Foundation, headed by his children Jennifer Delp, 26, and John-Michael Delp, 22. “To further honor our father’s memory, the foundation will give grants to in-need school systems, programs and individuals that provide music education. Funding will also be given to individuals that desire to continue their own musical education,” they said.

WHO: Performances by ERNIE & THE AUTOMATICS, FARRENHEIT, BEATLEJUICE, GODSMACK, ORION THE HUNTER, RTZ, and BOSTON who will be joined by guest vocalists Michael Sweet (Stryper), Mickey Thomas (Jefferson Starship) & Sammy Hagar. For the first time in over two decades Barry Goudreau, Sib Hashian and Fran Sheehan will perform together with Tom Scholz and BOSTON.

WHEN: Sunday, August 19th, 2007
        5:30 PM doors open,
        6:00 PM Concert starts

WHERE: Bank of America Pavilion Boston, MA

TICKETS: Tickets go on sale at 10 AM on July 9, 2007 and are priced at $35.00 each plus a $5.00 venue charge. Tickets are available thru TicketMaster and Live.Nation.com and at the BOA box office.

Comment

I wish i could go to. That is one of my favs as well. I love guitars with no inlays/one inlay and tuna/stoptails.

Comment

D'OH! We must have been posting at the same time.

Comment

Yeah, I'll be there...got tickets yesterday.
              It's good to see all those guys (IE Sholtz) put their differences aside for this. Seeing RTZ and Orion the Hunter will be fantastic. I'm guessing that means Fran Cosmo will be singing also, but I was surprised to see he's not singing for Boston...

But either way, this is a great thing in rememberance of a guy who's voice instantly reminds me of childhood days rockin' out to Boston. I still have Boston 8 tracks!

Comment

shit I was planning to go back to Boston on the 20th I need to get there a day earlier somehow

Comment

god damn it i love boston, i wish i could go!

Comment

Working...
                  X