DLR and VH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLR and VH

Jesus, how could you guys accept anythng else? It's VH 2 on the old turntable.
    Last edited by fett; 07-10-2007, 07:31 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

You've got a turntable? Why don't you go to parties and be a DJ ?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I have about 7. But this one kicks ass. Oh, you young pups. It's the needle and the platter. I'm hooked.
      Last edited by fett; 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I have one,too. I sometimes use it to play the Dark Side Of The Moon and the Jason Becker LP that my ex worthless bitch girlfriend bought for my birthday.

Comment

You need a whooper '70's or '80's stereo system. That's how you play the records made for those systems.

Comment

How soon we abandon the 'ol 8-track machine Fett....
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

You tight assed compressed Ipuds. There is nothing like a vintage stereo system. I'm really sorry you guys don't know.

Comment

The "SShhk-sshhk-sshhk" of the needle really did add something to the listening experience. But I wouldn't necessarily say it was something good. I guess I've grown to take the clarity for granted now, but I remember back in the late 80's when I was trading out my music collection to all CDs hearing things on the CD that weren't very audible on the vinyl. Or *not* hearing artifacts from the opposite side of the cassette.

It's like that Dennis Miller bit about Charles Manson hearing the Beatles on CD for the first time and marvelling over the clarity: "Oh, I guess there weren't any hidden messages! I must be crazy after all!"
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  You need a whooper '70's or '80's stereo system. That's how you play the records made for those systems.

I've got an old Pioneer Deck Stereo. Is that enough?

Comment

OH HELL YES. I just finally got the Us Festival with Van Halen to finally rip to DVD.

Comment

wHO'S vAN hALEN?
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree with fett, fuck all that new digital shit.... vinyls with great stereo system sound WAY better...
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          wHO'S vAN hALEN?

The guys that who copied your band as a tribute. Losers

Comment

The hot set up back in the day was big friggin reel to reel, you could record (direct feed off the turntble) hours and hours on a reel and have ones for partys or just basic background music, most decent bars had one or two going non stop. I dig the old albums, probably have over 200 but digital is so damn convienient.
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                            X