• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace Frehley Latte...funny!

That Was Freakin Awesome!

Comment

Ok so I'm curious

Did he buy back the rights to his makeup and costume or has he signed a new contract with Gene and Paul. You have to know Gene would never allow that without there being some cash in it for Kissco
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        Ok so I'm curious

Did he buy back the rights to his makeup and costume or has he signed a new contract with Gene and Paul. You have to know Gene would never allow that without there being some cash in it for Kissco
        I was under the impression that Ace Always had the rights to the spaceman. Even on the Kiss my Ass Tribute album where they changed the Ace makeup, It was because Ace wouldnt allow them to use the Space Makeup for the cover....
        My memory is faded, but somthing to that effect.....
        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

as far as i know from reading recent - ish interviews, gene bought the rights to the makeup, hence the old black n blue guitarist wearing it now

Comment

Yeah Ace did in fact have the rights when kiss my A$$ came out. Ace couldn't use the likeness either back then and Peter was the only one that retained his rights fully

Shortly after that Ace went bankrupt and when he signed on for the reunion he bought his assets back from bankruptcy IIRC .. Now according to the kisstory book, gene owns the trademark faces ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

This is really interesting to me too. I also recall that Gene owns the makeup trademark now. Indeed, does this mean that Ace has signed on with KISS again?
              One point of difference is that Ace was invited to play with KISS on the farewell--final farewell--ok real farewell tour but bowed out, whereas Peter wanted to go on tour but was replaced by Eric Singer. This is good news for KISS fans IMO; what Ace lacks in precision nowadays he gains in groove. I'll take him over Tommy any day.

George

Comment

I'm curious why his acting career never took off.

BTW, I'm huge KISS fan so no flames.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

That was great.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

ace frehley just may be God.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Awesome!
                      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

"I'll give you the P&L statement!"

I can't wait to use that one in my next investor meeting!
                        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Excellent!
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Cool!!!! does he sound drunk and out of tune though?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                              I'm curious why his acting career never took off.

BTW, I'm huge KISS fan so no flames.
                              That was my reaction too. couldn't even get one line down. Was he drunk?

Arrrl giva da Peee'n'elll stetmunt!

Huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X