Digital Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Drums

So I've decided to start a solo (meaning, actually totally solo, I play every instrument, aside from the drums, which will have to be digital) and I need to know which drum machine/percussion program I absolutely NEED to own.

I thought about the DR880 for a bit, then I started listening to samples of PC programs... I instantly decided there were far too many options that I wasnt even aware of.

I want em Big, Bad, and as realistic as possible. The music will be hard rock/metal, and very guitar oriented.

Please, clue me in as the only real option I thought was feasible was the 880.

www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Look for a Roland R-8MkII.
    By far the best drum machine I've ever heard.
    Not cheap, but worth every penny.
    It's been around a while, but the thing is just incredible.
    I did 5 song demo using nothing but the R8 back in 1994 and people today still can't believe it was a drum machine.
    It's that good.
    -Rick

Comment

I'll check into that one, thanks much Rjohn.

Anyone else chime in on the machine or program I MUST own?
      www.myspace.com/madeaband
      www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Check out http://www.toontrack.com/ the drums from hell add on is pretty cool.

Comment

www.fxpansion.com - Their BFD program is good, however you'll need a host program for it like ProTools, Sonor, Cubase, or even Adobe Audition if you want to record with it (same as for Drums From Hell, it's just an add-on, not a standalone).

You'll also need a MIDI editor to write the patterns and have the program play it.

If this is a touring/gigging setup you're going for and not just a studio/recording thing, you might want a drum machine instead of a computer-based setup just because there's less that can go wrong, and less setup time.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            www.fxpansion.com - Their BFD program is good, however you'll need a host program for it like ProTools, Sonor, Cubase, or even Adobe Audition if you want to record with it (same as for Drums From Hell, it's just an add-on, not a standalone).

You'll also need a MIDI editor to write the patterns and have the program play it.

If this is a touring/gigging setup you're going for and not just a studio/recording thing, you might want a drum machine instead of a computer-based setup just because there's less that can go wrong, and less setup time.
            Yeah I forgot to mention you need a host. I use fruity loops and it couldn't be easier. They sound very realistic IMO
            Last edited by Pigsnatcher; 07-20-2007, 11:51 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Comment

Working...
            X