Rope jumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rope jumping

I decided to do something about my condition and emerging beerbelly and found a jumprope somewhere so i thought i'd give it a try. You can do it indoors and i heard its quite intensive.
    But, after about 1 minute of jumping i'm exhausted. My heartrate goes up to 150-160 in a few seconds and i'm sweating like an ox. I know my condition is not as it used to be when i was doing gymnastics (from age 8 - 15), but this bad?
    Anyone else doing this and care to share some insights?

Hmmmm..

Go with something safer indoors dude, like the Hoola-hoop..

That's what I did..Cleveland John barrowed mine to get in shape for the Police Acemedy. He'll get his own once he's in there.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      Hmmmm..

Go with something safer indoors dude, like the Hoola-hoop..

That's what I did..Cleveland John barrowed mine to get in shape for the Police Acemedy. He'll get his own once he's in there.
      And how exactly is hoola-hooping intensive?

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
        And how exactly is hoola-hooping intensive?
        Ever try one...wow!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

try cock-rope jumping... rope is attached to two cocks... those two guys are swinging the rope... you have to jump.... if you touch it... you're gay
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
            try cock-rope jumping... rope is attached to two cocks... those two guys are swinging the rope... you have to jump.... if you touch it... you're gay
            Yeah, I seen that before on National Geographic.

With a Hoola-Hoop, You can strengthen the cock by yourself. We didn't do that in the academy..one guy tried and he was put out before he even got it going.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
              I decided to do something about my condition and emerging beerbelly and found a jumprope somewhere so i thought i'd give it a try. You can do it indoors and i heard its quite intensive.
              But, after about 1 minute of jumping i'm exhausted. My heartrate goes up to 150-160 in a few seconds and i'm sweating like an ox. I know my condition is not as it used to be when i was doing gymnastics (from age 8 - 15), but this bad?
              Anyone else doing this and care to share some insights?
              You're not going to really get any result from that unless you can keep it up for quite a while...you'd be better off jogging.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
                You're not going to really get any result from that unless you can keep it up for quite a while...you'd be better off jogging.
                Or have a fucking heart attack. Just park you car as far away as you can from the building and walk. Go climb some stairs. Jump-roping is a little much if you are just starting out. So says, Rocky.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It makes you appreciate how much energy and stamina kids have that can do it so long. There probably isn't a better cardio exercise. You are just going to have to work up to it. I haven't been doing it lately but I want to get back to it. The Ramones make great jump-roping music BTW.

Comment

no but I do run a lot....I go between 3-4 miles when I run and go 4 days straight...day off...4 days straight..day off etc etc. Its funny as good of shape as I'm in from jogging if I started playing hockey again it would kill me for a few weeks....something about a lose puck that tells my body it doesnt matter how winded you are to bust ass for it

I dig cardi suff but also do pushups, situps and one of those ab-roller thingys.

I want to get a Bow-Flex machine and get back into weight training, just for tone, I dont care about bulk but I do bulk up when I did weight train every other day.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Just remember to stay on the balls of your feet as you jump. That way when you have a heart attack you will fall forward. At least, you have a chance to put you hands out to break the fall.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                      X