Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever look into airplane "chemtrails"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever look into airplane "chemtrails"?

As long as I remember looking up at the sky, I always would look at the streaks airplanes left... some would dissipate shortly after the plane, some would stay indefinetly and would only get bigger and bigger.

So the other day my and my buddy are talking about it, and he says that they are some kind of chemical. So I do a bit of research on the 'net and come to find out they are called "chemtrails". Different from the short ice/water vapor trails known as "contrails" that go away almost instantly, the ones that dont go away are apparently something different. I couldnt find too much info about them, but the general consensus is that they are chemicals being spread mostlikley by "the man"... noone knows exactly why or what they are.

Anyone know anything more about them?
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Contrails last different amounts of time (and thus different lengths) depending on the humidity in the air and the temp. You'll notice them a lot more on a clear winter day than in the summer.

Comment

Sounds like paranoia. The duration of the trail depends on the level of heat coming from the turbine and the temperature of the air it's being left in. Much like vehicle exhaust or breath, the warmer the source the thicker the cloud. Conversly, a cold source in a warm atmosphere will also generate a thicker, longer-lasting cloud (as seen with older dry ice-based fog machines).

DOH! Don said it in fewer words faster
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Chemtrails are easy to spot - they're black. Having grown up 5 miles from New Orleans International Airport, I've seen and inhaled my share of jet soot.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Chemtrails can't hurt you if you are wearing your tinfoil hat.

Comment

They recently did a study on this on some TV show, history channel I think.. I don't remember them finding anything of note in the chemtrails or fuel they tested...

Comment

Here you go, check out this link, pretty straight forward and interesting stuff! http://www.relfe.com/07/chemtrails_c..._what_are.html
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

He's been listening to Coast to Coast a.m. and all those doom and gloom whackos.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It is believed chemtrails are composed at least in part by an oil based substance of unknown content that is actually being sprayed from jets on populated areas. It has also been found that some chemtrails contain unknown biological components. Many also contain metals, especially barium. (See BariumBlues.com)
                    I am sorry but that is absolute bullshit. Both what the claim as contrails and chemtrails are the same damn thing, they are basicly clouds.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Contrails last different amounts of time (and thus different lengths) depending on the humidity in the air and the temp. You'll notice them a lot more on a clear winter day than in the summer.
                    Exactly. And wind will disperse them and it depends on the turbulance behind the plane and the altitude where they are created as to wether they are a nice stream or wether it looks like a trail of cottonballs. I am surprised Rossie Odonnel isn't behind half this shit.

Matt

Comment

Who says she's not? Her and Bono. Kinda like the Illuminati, but not as educated.

Comment

I have a hard time understanding why some people have some unmet psychological need met by believing in crazy government oppression fantasies. Every April gives me more than enough reason to rave and foam at the mouth about the government all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          +1 :ROTF:

Comment

this topic is on discovery channel this morning....
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Straight Dope on chemtrails: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000616.html
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X