Need Help For My PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help For My PC?

I don't know if anyone here knows how to fix my problem. I've looked all over the internet and even asked on PC forums, but still I have no solution.

Anyway, for some reason my PC has decided to stop letting me stream and download stuff. If I try to download an album or music track (yes, legally) it just stick on the downloading box but doesn't download the actual item. And, if I try to stream any videos or music on any site that has streaming videos/music including sites like Youtube aswell, it just simply won't stream them... there's just a blank white space where the sreaming video/music player should be (it doesn't even display ads either). Basically, my PC won't download/stream ANYTHING of any kind whatsoever! There's sufficient space on my PC but I just don't know what the problem is... it's never done this before!

Any help would be greatly appreciated because it's really testing my patience!

Thanks!
    Last edited by RandyRhoads; 07-22-2007, 12:23 PM.
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Is this via Internet Explorer?
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
      Is this via Internet Explorer?
      Yeah! I used to have Mozilla Firefox but I got rid of it because that was even worse!
      sigpic
      And on the 8th day,

Comment

Do you have Live One Care or another Firewall? It could be trying to throw up a message box but it's getting lost on the way.

Or you've got a trojan trying to contact HQ and getting hung up, thus hanging up your connection.

Or you've got something else hogging your bandwidth (like maybe you've exceeded your monthly plan transfer rate?)
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Since the YouTube box doesn't even load, I'd say try reinstalling Adobe Flash, since that is what YouTube uses. Go here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...h&promoid=BIOW

If that doesn't fix it, do you have any ad-blocking software installed? That could be interfering with it, so try disabling it and see if that helps.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Since the YouTube box doesn't even load, I'd say try reinstalling Adobe Flash, since that is what YouTube uses. Go here: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...h&promoid=BIOW

If that doesn't fix it, do you have any ad-blocking software installed? That could be interfering with it, so try disabling it and see if that helps.
            Reinstalling Adobe Flash is one of the first things I tried but, like everything else, my computer won't download it and I can't seem to find any ad-blocking software installed on my PC!
            sigpic
            And on the 8th day,

Comment

Well, in that case it sounds like a major spyware infection. Reboot and hit F8 when the windows screen pops up. Choose "Safe Mode with Networking" and once Windows boots, go and download Spybot S&D (www.safer-networking.org), install it, get the latest updates, and scan your computer.

If that still doesn't find anything, then I'm running out of ideas Maybe a virus? It still sounds like something is blocking the streaming...Do you have anything by Symantec installed? If so, get rid of it. I've had Norton Antivirus/Internet Security screw up more machines than it's helped.
              Scott

Comment

If you have so much spyware that it is hogging up your connection, then you are going to need more than just 1 spyware program to get rid of them all. Adware, Spybot and then Trend Micro Housecall should do the trick. What one program misses, the others will catch.

Matt

Comment

GET A MAC DUDE AND BE DONE WITH ALL THE PC WINBLOWS SPYWARE CRAP.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                    If you have so much spyware that it is hogging up your connection, then you are going to need more than just 1 spyware program to get rid of them all. Adware, Spybot and then Trend Micro Housecall should do the trick. What one program misses, the others will catch.

Matt
                    Good call Matt.

Here are links to the above-mentioned programs:

Adaware is the Internet’s security and privacy leader. We offer simple, worry-free solutions that enhance your online experience, Keep connected.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X