Between a rock and a hard space....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between a rock and a hard space....

Well, I have come into a couple of thousand dollars unexpectedly and the wife doesn't know about it. I had some stuff that I was about to throw aaway a few months ago.....for some odd reason, I didn't. Which is very unuasual for me.

Come to find out so said stuff was worth a pretty coin so I sold it all for about $2500.00. Now, my wifes math skills are sickening. I had to take $755.00 worth of surprise cash flow to fix our bank account. I have had to sale guitars and work lots of overtime for this same reason as well. Yes, she is a dumb bitch. She has a unique ability to squander money away and have nothing to show for it. Like eating out at expensive restaurants to impress her friends ( $120.00 for the Melting Pot so you can cook your OWN food in melted cheese......WTF?!?!?! I can go to Burger King and have it fixed for me for $4.99 ).

She does not know I have the rest of this money. SHHHHH....its a secret. I want to buy a few things since I quit smoking to get in shape ( Eliptical machine and mountain bike ).....however, these are things I can not hide.

I know she will bitch for the next 2-3 months and say that was money that could have been put away for when it was needed.....interpretation: That is money I could have used to go to that expensive Japanese restaraunt where I can watch guys throw frying shrimp across the room for $80.00.

Should I just do what I want and when she blows up tell her to deal with it or get out....or, should I just pack up my stuff and go.....or should I just hand her the money and be done with it? What would you do?-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Do you have a life insurance policy on her?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Technically, that money is her's as well. But, I would do this. Buy what you want and save just enough to take her to one of those POS spendy restaurants so she can be "seen" by her buds. That makes you look like a real I don't know what.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
        Should I just do what I want and when she blows up tell her to deal with it or get out....
        That's what I'd do. She seems to eat out at expensive places and spend money on what she wants without regard to you, so do what you want and make her deal with it. Maybe she'll learn... maybe not. What do I know? I'm divorced.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          Technically, that money is her's as well. But, I would do this. Buy what you want and save just enough to take her to one of those POS spendy restaurants so she can be "seen" by her buds. That makes you look like a real I don't know what.
          Depending on the laws in the state he lives in, the money may not be marital property if the stuff is from before the marriage. As for what I would do, I would spend the money on what I wanted. If questioned/yelled at I would sarcastically parrot her justifications for blowing money at expensive chain restaurants. I am currently getting a divorce, however, so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt
          "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

I love it how the bitter, chip-on-the-shoulder divorced guys always chime in on these threads. Anybody who wants to remain married should ignore us :ROTF:
            "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              Technically Fett, are you out of your fucking mind?

:ROTF:
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Let's just hope he doesn't live in a state where a married couple's joint bank account can be 100% cleaned out by either mate. Here, in the US of fucking A, that trick is done all the time.
                Last edited by fett; 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  I love it how the bitter, chip-on-the-shoulder divorced guys always chime in on these threads. Anybody who wants to remain married should ignore us :ROTF:
                  Yeah, ignore us bitter guys! :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Split it with her! That's what I'd do. My gf puts up with my insatiable appretite for all things guitar, and I put up with her equally irrational hobbies
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I've had this issue but with guitars. I've bought guitars and just snuck them in the house. When my wife sees them and asks about them I just say I've had them for a long time. They have just been sitting in the case for a while. She must have forgotten about it. It works for me. For guitars anyway...

But as far as getting work out equipment or a new bike, I don't think it will work. But here's what I would do. I would buy it without her knowing about it. Wait til she finds it, then explain how much better it was that this money was available to use instead of taking it out of your bank account. Tell her you need this stuff to help with the no smoking thing. And in the long run, it's cheaper than cartons of cigs or lung cancer...

So what I would do is buy them, figure out how to explain it later. That's my policy. I've been with my wife for 19 years, married for 11. No divorce here...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Buy what you want and then have one of your friends say he had it and wasn't using it so he gave it to you.
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Open a separate savings account that only has your name on it and put $2000 in it and put $500 in the bank account. If she happens to notice there's $500 more in the bank, tell her you sold some stuff and that's all you got.

That way, if something comes up at a later date you've still got $2K.

Of course if you're not in a Community Property state, go buy whatever you want with it.

In her mind, her hobby of wasting money at these restaurants is no different than your guitar/music hobby; neither one falls under the category of Basic Necessity, so her pea-brain doesn't see the difference in value of goods (at least you can sell the gear later).

Enjoy it while you have it. What's she going to do, ground you? Cut you off?
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ok i'm no expert here but if your relationship is full of lies and deceipt about money and what not, i think something more fundamental is wrong..

Comment

Id go buy what I want with it. She has no respect for your opinions of her spending the cash on stupid crap so I wouldnt care what she thought.

All this crap talk about her money too . HA!! I laugh at you!!! She doesnt believe that crap and it shows by the way she spends it without caring what her man thinks. She has no respect for your side of the decision making concerning money so I would buy the exercise gear and tell her to grow up and respect your side of the marriage too then she can rightfully fuss about it.. And Im not divorced either I just put my foot down long ago and said we will be divorced if she thinks im gonna give in because she whines. Needless to say we have an agreement now if I came into that kind of cash now Id buy her something she wanted and then get myself what I need and the rest goes to the savings. Thats the way it should work but your wife doesnt care what you think so Id spend it all on myself if I was you.

Comment

Working...
                              X