Kirk Hammett Can't Play-youtube video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Kirk rocks! He's definitely a very humble, nice, down to earth guy.
    I agree with you 100% he just needs to take some lessons and break out and learn something new. His playing hasn't felt fresh in a decade.

Oh and that Mustaine slapping comment was the ROFL and very true =)

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

errr OK
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Woops.
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I think he was screwing it up on purpose. Secretly he's thinking this whole St. Anger album sucks without solos, so I'll sabotage all of James' crappy riffs. It seems to have worked. St Anger the worst album in Metallica's history.

Comment

+1 on Kirk being a super-nice guy but his lead tone is so whimpy compared with the rhythm. James is tolerable. But Lars......... oh Jesus!!!! Don't get me started on THAT lil' windbag. If I were present when he started in on one of his "dissertations", I'd kick him in the nuts.
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I picture 'tallica as Jamez band.
              Lars is the little shit in the background telling Jamez "yeah!" and "we're gunna f' you up".
              Cliff was the real badboy.
              Kirk probably had the "talent" early on and was stable coming off Exodus. but as success grew, his importance diminished,

James had some cool riffs and ripped/learned Mustaine's stuff. They were equals and there was no room for that. Dave was probably more destructive.

So the nice guy: Kirk is submissive and let's Jamez lead.
              The little punk lars hides behind daddy (jamez)
              Cliff Dies
              Dave Leaves
              Newsted learns he is unappreciated and gets kicked out - probably Kirk's buddy.
              Trujillo gets to replace another bassist after working for Sharon to replace Bob D. on the Ozzy albums.

great story.....
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I can never get enough of the ridiculous animosity people harbor towards Metallica.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I think Metallica is both James and Lars band. I don't think Lars takes a back seat to anybody. Definatly not James. I mean he's smart, he lets James do what he wants to do, including disappearing for 8 months while he got his shit together. He knows where his bread is buttered. But his ego is too big to take a backseat to anyone...

I always saw it as James on one side, Lars on the other, and Kirk caught in the middle. You saw some of that in Some Kind Of Monster. Kirk caught in the middle. Hell for the money they have earned, I'd be in the middle too...

But I'm not a James basher either. I think that man is a monster on rhythm guitar. Totally underrated. Kinda like Paul Stanley. Well, when he actually plays and doesn't jump around like a girl...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                    Newsted learns he is unappreciated and gets kicked out
                    He didn't get kicked out. Jason loves to be playing music all the time, loves to get together with other musicians and jam and do outside projects, but James didn't feel it was good for Metallica and told him no. Jason got sick of James' dictator-shit and left.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check out the impromptu doodle Kirk draws for a fan at

5:54 - 6:09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk4Zu...related&search=

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

And with his third hand he would whip out his dick and start masturbating to himself.

Comment

When one of you banks as much cash as Kirk playing guitar, then you can criticize the guy.

Does he inspire me? Fuck no.

Has he made it? Fuck yeah.

Enough said.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah he made it..and for valid reasons, better him than Fred Durst..or Eminem..IMO!

Cool, he seems like a very cool dude..wrote some of the best metal in history.. even tho I haven't been down with their stuff in a very long time.

Fuggit..I don't care..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I remember back in high school when I was learning guitar, the "Blackened" solo was a benchmark for being a "Billy Badass" on the guitar. My musician friends used to actually say random shit like "that dude is scary man, he can play Blackened".

Kirk! Snap out of it! We miss you!

Comment

That's funny you say that, Axeweilder. When a friend of mine in high school would talk about good guitarists around town he'd always be like, "Dude, that guy is really good -- he's Kirk Hammett good."

Comment

Working...
                                X