Cleve John swarmed by mutant flies from Bill Z Bubs's gargoyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleve John swarmed by mutant flies from Bill Z Bubs's gargoyle

I keep a 125 lb. cast iron Gargoyle as a sentinal on the widow walk outside my second story arched window. For nearly a decade it sat upon it's throne made of wood. Over time that wood decayed and also became home for very strange, large flies that burrowed and made nests within..never revealing themselves to me. I'd greet my winged buddy everyday from my second story bedroom balcony, as he kept watch. His head and wings perfectly symetrical to the stone and brick window. Some days a crow would be perched on its head, or burried in a mound of snow in winter..fast forward to yesterday. My gothic brosesph was a tilted. I went outside and confirmed the base was giving away. That put the gargoyle at risk of falling backwards into the window, breaking glass into my living room. If I had modern windows it would just fall right into my living room, crushing anything it would land on. So I call John and tell him of my problem. He strapped his ladder on his Yukon and drove to my place to evaluate the problem. He climbed to the wrought iron widow walk and confirmed the base was completely rotted away, it was a miracle the gargoyle was still standing. As soon as he started to disturb the area he was welcomed by a swarm of what we thought were wasps..he almost leaped off that ladder 15 feet high ..scaring the shit out of me..and making me laugh. We thought it was a wasp nest or some shit and now had to deal with that problem. While we were pondering what to do we saw a few of the insects land and fly around the house. We walked up to one and noticed that it was a weird looking fly and not a bee or wasp at all..although there were a couple of shiny black wasps that were flying amoung them, including some yellow jackets. John went back up there and they swarmed and buzzed around him again but they wern't aggressive at all. They were just checking him out, then slowly flew away as John started to dismantle their home. Watching John up there reminded me of the scene in King Kong.. when Kong was swarmed by bi-planes while on top of the empire state building..you prolly could super impose both scenes and they would synch perfectly.. :ROTF:

John discovered these flies actually carried whole leaves and wall-papered their fuggin' tunnels with 'em..that's some pretty strong fuggin' flies.

It's the first time we both ever saw flies like this in our lives (I used to collect bugs, as child)..and here they were living beneath my gargoyle. I never saw a single one around my home.

It was pretty weird..and amusing!

I said to John..Well I am Bill Z Bub..you know Beelzebub..Lord of the flies...??

Pics would have been awesome!!!!

These are the flies//identifies as a Tiger Bee Fly or Xenonx Tigrinus..link..http://bugguide.net/node/view/2803/bgpage

Bill Z Bub ..Lord of the Xenox Tigrinus
    Last edited by horns666; 07-25-2007, 12:21 PM. Reason: fuggums
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Sounds like some Amityville Horror shit! :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you have the ability to control them. Maybe you can force them to take the shape of "I fuckin' love you" in the air, and impress your wife
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Sounds like some Amityville Horror shit! :ROTF:
        Fuck yeah Joe..if those flies could talk, it would be like .."Get the fuck outta here asshole"..."You Dick, It took me a year to make that nest"..."Mommy, where are you" ..."Oh, you fuck!"...:ROTF:

They were freaking..and so were we!!!

I wish we took pics of that shit!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
          I'm pretty sure you have the ability to control them. Maybe you can force them to take the shape of "I fuckin' love you" in the air, and impress your wife
          Awesome Idea..That's so fuggin' Necromantic..

But they're gone..all gone..John took away their home..waite!!!..the gargoyle is still out there..waiting..they'll be back!!!

Comment

LOL Get out! Pics would have been cool. Oh well...
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              LOL Get out! Pics would have been cool. Oh well...
              Maybe we'll take some next time Joe..John is building a new throne for it..so round 2 of this shit is coming soon!!

Comment

Yea Bill, the flies are cool...

But i wanna see the gargoyle!

Comment

Originally posted by ripley156 View Post
                  Yea Bill, the flies are cool...

But i wanna see the gargoyle!
                  The Gargolye is wicked as they come..I have MANY..but that had to be my main one. Let me stress the sheer terror of this situation....without the mutant flies.

This gargoyle weighs approx. 125lbs in Cast Iron. It is on top of a iron platform that is 48" by 14" , that is 15 feet high. My dude who helped re-build my home refused to carry it up there. I was already injured and carried that fucker up the ladder with my injured neck/arm/hand..that was NOT good!

To shimmy and manuever that fucker off of or onto a throne is well...pretty fuggin' hard...as John already knows..

But he's doing good..

Comment

Cool looking flies. I have seen them around my pool and in the filters but never that well preserved or still. Great pic.

Comment

those flies are gloriously hideous.
                      awesome story, bro.

Comment

Ah the dreaded blue ball fly thought to be extict, disappeared during the dark ages, rumor has it that their return will signal the start of the reign of a hideous ruler known as Hillary, break out the Raid quick!!!
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Good story, would have loved to see pics. How about one of the gargoyle?
                          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Man, those things were messed up. Hahaha... Never saw those around here before and these were some pretty hefty sized flies... Geez...

At least they weren't the friggin hornets we saw checkin the area at first.

Only at BillzBub's, Lord of the Flies...

Comment

Funny! Glad you didn't fall off the ladder John.

Comment

Working...
                              X