No announcement yet.

New Big-Boy Toy - Vroom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, maybe you should become a car dealer, too. Cars and guitars, all in the same location. ...Come to think of it: put a strip club out back too, and you'd have the male interest-trifecta. Many guys would never go home. :ROTF:

Comment

Cool beans. That all wheel drive is gonna rock in the snow, even with those street tires.

Comment

nice STI Mike!

I have the black 2007 WRX sport wagon myself. love the little fucker!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
          Cool beans. That all wheel drive is gonna rock in the snow, even with those street tires.
          Nope - the stock OE tires are summer-only. I'll be looking for some new rubber come Nov/Dec. But, yeah, with good tires, this puppy is going to be cool in the snow.

Comment

Ya, snow/offroad tires are better, but I would rather have 4/all wheel drive with crappy tires in the snow than a 2 wheel drive with super swampers.

Comment

Nice car Pat, good luck with it
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I know what you mean, Matt. I just can't stand the idea of dedicated snow tires for the winter. I mean, as much as we get a fair bit of snow up here, you're probably talking about dealing with 10 or 20 days with snowstorms, where you're driving with the roads not being plowed yet. And then the other 3 or 4 months of winter dealing with knobby, cruddy handling snow tires? Nah, I think I'll be getting some nice performance tires that happen to be M&S rated. Sure that's a (minor) dry handling compromise, but I'd rather have 95% of "summer tire" performance throughout the whole year than 100% 9 months and only 75% dry handling for the 3 months of winter. The latter trade-off just doesn't make sense to me. I hear good things about the Pirello P Zero Neros, so I'll look into them.

And thanks, Kevin.

Comment

Congrats, that's a sweet MazdaSpeed 6! I've always liked the looks of the 6 but with the mazdaspeed mods, it has the balls to go with it. My buddy just got a MS3 and loves it, except he did mention the shifter being a little clunky also. Which I found odd considering Mazda is known for sweet gearboxes (at least in the Miata).
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                    X