MSNBC and your money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSNBC and your money

What a bunch of hosts with their heads up their asses. They interview people that "know". They shine all that on and paint a fucking rosey picture and "tout" the why a sell off and a potential Bear market is just a "blip". This is my best indicator that the "Market" will be in the tank. The average watcher of MSNBC listens to the fucking hosts and pay no attention to the facts. Not to mention a total lack of history.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Dang markets have been a bloodbath lately

Comment

I would say that we are at least in for a good sized correction. But what do I know, I've never been on MSNBC
      "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Screw MSNBC, CNN and FOX.
        They don't have a solid analyst between them.

Wall Street Journal still has the best info and analysis.
        But that would require people to actually read something.
        -Rick

Comment

I meant CNBC. But it's all the same

Comment

We got hammered today, but probably less than most.

If you have time to appear on CNBC, you probably aren't very good at picking stocks - primary example is Jim Kramer...
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

What gets my panties in a bunch is what drives these knee-jerk-reaction sell-offs. People are so frikkin' paranoid.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Like a big POS money manager is going to "Buy" on a Friday with a POS Thursday and the weekend coming up. Get the uptick and a slight decline and just wait to draw in buyers. Then, bring out the buckets and bail.

Comment

Man I took it on the chin again today!

Comment

Monday will start higher. And about 3 hours into the session prices will hover. Then, it's anyone's guess. The POS buy-out borrowed money is gone. This is the 3 years I have been waiting for.
                    Last edited by fett; 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Man I took it on the chin again today!
                      Indeed, this week might be the quickest $50K I've lost in a while!

Then again, I'm playing with "house money" :ROTF: Time to pick some babies out of the bathwater soon...
                      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I'm not going to try a catch a falling knife. People get scared when the talking heads use stupid terms to describe a triple digit loss on the DJIA. What you really need to pay attention to is 1: big volumn during a decline, 2: the A/D line, and the big 3, that's when bids dry up. You can wish to sell all you want, but if no one will step in and buy prices will decline. And the Big Buyer Boner is when there is "Capitulation". Then there is the "Wash-out". And then you back up the truck. That is, unless this whole house of cards falls down. "It's a small world, afterall." Sing along
                        Last edited by fett; 07-28-2007, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          I'm not going to try a catch a falling knife. People get scared when the talking heads use stupid terms to describe a triple digit loss on the DJIA. What you really need to pay attention to is 1: big volumn during a decline, 2: the A/D line, and the big 3, that's when bids dry up. You can wish to sell all you want, but if no one will step in and buy prices will decline. And the Big Buyer Boner is when there is "Capitulation". Then there is the "Wash-out". And then you back up the truck. That is, unless this whole house of cards falls down. "It's a small world, afterall." Sing along
                          So what's going to be the best indication that this "wash out" is over and we're hitting the market bottom? (excluding real estate).

Comment

If I knew that, I would be rich. It's still pretty early in the game. Beware the "Dead Cat" bounce.

Comment

Do you guys remember this classic:

For some reason it's out of print

You can get a used copy for 39 cents though :ROTF::ROTF:
                              "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Working...
                              X