Rude Awakening......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude Awakening......

So last night me and the girlfriend are sleeping when suddenly she wakes me....."Did you hear that?"......she goes outside, returns a few minutes later saying that there's been an accident outside, she's calling the cops.....turns out a guy I went to school with wrapped his car around a tree right up the street.....he's gone,flown out to hospital, 19 year old female passenger was killed and the two back seat passengers are fine... this may not seem out of the ordinary, but here in our town of less than 3,000 people it's not a common occurence....we've had 3 fatal car accidents here in 5 years (2 of which were within eye shot of my house....WTF?????).....but what's pissing me off about it has been sitting out front of my house watching every fucking person in town either drive or walk by here on their way to survey the situation for themselves......for fuck sakes people what ever happened to "move along people, nothing to see here.....".....I wonder how the families involved feel knowing the whole town is going to have a peek at where your daughter had just been killed........

the sad thing is most of the people walking past look like this guy....... ---->
    I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Don't sweat it dude. It's human nature. Especially in a town of 3,000 people. What else do you have to do? People will always do this. They slow down when passing an accident. They watch "Faces of Death". People are facinated by it. That's just the way it is. No need to waste time worring about it...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I did a simular thread a year or so back. There will be memorials around the tree. I didn't understand it then, and I don't now. But, that is what they do.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Did you ever hear of rubber necking. Same thing.

Comment

I can understand slowing down when passing an accident.....human nature and all......but actually going out of your way to "check it out" I don't get, just seems disrespectful to me.........

Comment

I spent most of my 57 years driving on roads that had sidewalks; curbs and a clear shot. Here, in the boonies, north of Seattle, there are no sidewalks. There are just ditches and trees to drive into. There are too many people driving on what were rural roads and crashing and burning. We get tree dead people all the time up here.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I was recently visiting a friend when I noticed there was a white cross made from PVC pipe next to a pine stump in his yard. I politely asked "did someone die in an auto accident?" He responded "all I know is that someone killed my tree!"
              "POOP"

Comment

I don't mean to bust your balls, but you hear a strange noise ouside in the middle of the night and the wife is the one who goes out to investigate ??

Matt

Comment

Hey come on Matt, what are you talking about?

He clearly said it was his girlfriend!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Equal Rights, I say

When a tornado ripped through the street I lived on in '96, killing 2 people and destroying 2 houses (trailer slammed into the brick home next door), we had a steady line of rubberneckers driving down the street for about 2 hours. Thankfully it was after they found the bodies of the man and woman who were killed.

Imagine emergency vehicles trying to get to a victim in time but being held up by "human nature".

And last night while here at work, flashing lights down the road caught my eye. Turns out there were 3 Rescue vehicles and a Fire Truck at the factory next door. Couldn't see what it was about, but it looked like a car had run off into a ditch. While we didn't go down there to see it, we did watch intently from afar, not blocking any traffic like "some" people do (like when the guy got stuck on the train tracks a while back - cops can't work the scene for all the rubbernecking heathens, one of which drove off into the ditch himself while trying to see what was happening).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

......:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: ...............
                      ....she's constantly investigating strange noises, she has the mindless curiosity of a bit part player in a cheap horror flick .........
                      Me? I sleep like Homer....."zzzzzzzz, what's wrong, dog on fire?, house run away?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........."......ever vigilent......

Comment

Originally posted by outsider666 View Post
                        I can understand slowing down when passing an accident.....human nature and all......but actually going out of your way to "check it out" I don't get, just seems disrespectful to me.........
                        I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Same thing happens with car accidents on the highway... Usually the traffic jam is longer on the opposite lanes than on the one where the accident happens

Comment

Whiskey bottle, brand new car, oak tree you're in my way, there's too much coke, and too much smoke, one more drink full will drown you...
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                            X