Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of kiss

Late-night talk show pioneer Tom Snyder dies of leukemia

For those who may not be aware of how Tom fit in with kisstory. Tom Synder interviewed Kiss on the Dynasty tour and that interview became very famous to Kiss fans because of Ace Frehley.

This interview was at the height of Ace's substance abuse and Ace who appeared to be intoxicated gave one of the funniest kiss interviews ever ... It was so bad that Gene was horrified during the interview ..

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

this one?

Just one more guitar!

Comment

Part I of the interview: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=0jzve-Tmd70
      Part II of the interview: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=UvFNs3_uaUg

EDIT: scotty beat me to it!
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Paul's purple....blouse BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
        :ROTF:

ROFL!!!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't think Gene is happy unless the world is revolving around him and the sun is shining out of his ass.

Gene has always had his shit together, but I've always loved Ace to death.

RIP to Tom. Always a good watch when it came to his show(s).
          Last edited by Flametop; 07-30-2007, 11:26 PM.
          The Buzzard does not fear
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone
          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

You can tell Gene isn't a happy camper.
            Its obvious he's annoyed and upset with Ace's drunken behavior.
            Ace's was just having some fun and keeping it real.
            On the other hand, Paul occassionally seemed to be enjoying the interview
            and a time or two caught himself and then had to act like he wasn't because of Gene.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Well, at a time when Bill Aucoin was trying to market KISS to teenagers, it would kinda make sense that Gene was upset at Ace for showing up drunk. Concerned parents, I'm sure, watched the show with their kids so they could see exactly what their deal was, so for a parent to see one of them plastered on national TV would have a negative influence on whether the parent allowed the child to have anything KISS related.

Showing up drunk is NOT a smart way to promote your career, and Ace was a complete idiot for doing so. I'da been a bit upset too if I was Gene. It's a business, being drunk has nothing to do with "keeping it real".
              Last edited by Newc; 07-31-2007, 05:30 AM.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X