Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw the simpsons movie...

...and i wasn't impressed really.
    It seems that the movie as well as the past 2-3 seasons are missing something. Can't put my finger on it, but they don't have 'it' anymore...
    Shame

I can't imagine it would be much different that a glorified 1.5 or 2 hour long episode, which couldn't be all bad.

Comment

Its not bad, i laughed a few times, but nothing compared to the older episodes

Comment

I know they had to rate it PG or whatever, but could you imagine a "Kick out the jams" Simpsons movie? I saw the Southpark movie and was not impressed. "Release the Barts"
        Last edited by fett; 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The problem is the 'newer' simpsons have become simply TOO absurd. And that's a big one coming from me, because I love absurd humor (BBC ftw! ).
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by SlasZ View Post
            ...and i wasn't impressed really.
            It seems that the movie as well as the past 2-3 seasons are missing something. Can't put my finger on it, but they don't have 'it' anymore...
            Shame
            I think the problem is that after 18 years they've pretty much done it all. The show being too absurd lately isn't really all that surprising as I'd imagine they've exhausted the more rational storylines by now.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I've been a fan since the Tracey Allman show, I thought the movie was great.

Pete

Comment

I thoought it started out really strong than kinda died out.
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I think that the Simpsons has tried to be too much like South Park. It used to be funny and witty.
                  I see a whole lot of just crass humor - which is great for Trey and what's his name in South Park and Team America, but it looks like like someone refitting the Flintstones in Compton - just doesn't seem right.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

The Simpsons used to have all sorts of allusions to obscure works and tons of satire. Now it's just making fun of itself, i.e. Homer is dumb, Marge grumbles, Lisa's a vegetarian, Bart's a delinquent, etc., etc.
                    Scott

Comment

Like you guys, im not a big fan of the newer seasons either. If I want political or current events satire, i'll tune in to South Park. South Park does it really well, but it seems forced on the Simpsons.

SPOILER BELOW

That being said, the movie wasn't too bad. I wasn't expecting to see Bart's cock :ROTF:
                      Last edited by mab8485; 08-01-2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mab8485 View Post
                        That being said, the movie wasn't too bad. I wasn't expecting to see Bart's cock :ROTF:
                        Oh great, thanks for the spoiler....now I'll be waiting the whole movie for this scene ..I'm not going to open this thread anymore until I see the movie.

Comment

I haven't really like the last few seasons of the Simpsons but I still plan on going to see the movie.

Now, if the made a Family Guy movie I'd be all over that.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                            Now, if the made a Family Guy movie I'd be all over that.
                            They did...

edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385690/
                            Last edited by SlasZ; 08-01-2007, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I thought the movie was hilarious.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X