Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
    How so?
    My contract with CSG gives me the "option" of automatic payments, which I chose out of convenience. It was not a requirement.
    I did my homework on the monitoring company. They have been around for 30+ years and have a great industry reputation.
    Did the same homework on the sub that did the install.
    Excellent BBB rating. This sub also does ADT systems.
    The hardware is not company specific.

I've only had to call them once for service. A magnet popped off one of the windows at 3AM. It was one that couldn't be hard wired because of its location. They epoxied a wireless unit to the glass.
    Nice way to find out your alarm is working properly.
    They called me within 10 seconds of the siren (LOUD FUCKER) sounding and even had a tech out later that day to fix the magnet.
    Been with them for over a year now with no issues.

All I can say is do your homework.
    Remember... you do get what you pay for.
    Free is not always free and cheap equipment is just that... cheap equipment.
    I didn't buy top of the line hardware, but I wouldn't touch the "free" systems with a 10 foot pole.
    OK, maybe not NEVER... but I've read/heard more than a few horror stories about shady companies locking people into 2-year contracts, providing crappy service, lying about how to go about cancelling, and then automatically renewing for another 2-years. Sounds like you found a respectable company at least.

Comment

These guys are protecting your house and your family.
      Homework is key.
      -Rick

Comment

Effective home security systems (I highly recommend both):

Screw that "sign in the yard" crap.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

^^^
          Nice doggies.
          The gun is useless if nobody is there to use it.
          And when I leave town, my dogs stay with friends, so the house is empty.
          -Rick

Comment

A few years ago just after I moved into my home down in Chandler someone tried to break in. I looked out the window by the front door, saw them bent over working on the knob, and just opened the door to let the pooch (the ones above aren't mine) get a little exercise. There were a few breakins in the neighborhood while I lived there but no one ever came back to my place.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

LOL... that must have been great to watch.
              I'm sure that scared the shit out of the dude working the door.

My house has not been broken into, but I don't want make it easy either.
              A 128db siren and several neighbors who are better armed than most small town police forces leaves me with some comfort.

My wife likes the chime feature. Even if the alarm is off, if any door or window is opened, the thing does a triple beep. Loud enough to be heard anywhere in the house, but not annoying loud.
              Great thing to have when you have a 4 year old in the house.
              If you hear the beeps, you start looking around to see who opened what.

My dogs go nuts if anyone so much as sets foot in the driveway.
              Good doggies.
              -Rick

Comment

Ya... if anyone tried to break into my house, they'd have this guy to deal with..

He may only be 12 lbs but he will pee ALL over you if you are not careful..
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Check this out:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Id install this stuff. Id go with a company with a great reputation and has been around awhile. Free is not always good. One of the best things to add is a low voltage outdoor lighting system with motion detectors. This is for night security. A good alarm system is not a bad thing. A thief will look for the house without one first. If you have the money for one id go for it.

Comment

Here's my home security system...

Comment

my wife and i went with adt, 99 install... 2 door sensors... 1 motion sensor, for 32.99 monthly. i don't know if it was the best deal, but it seemed fair.
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                        X