No announcement yet.

Bonds ties Aaron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SF fans probably ducked.:ROTF: I grew up in the Bay Area. They are all pussies.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Childsplay for a New Yorker. He's probably gotten roughed up worse trying to get the last loaf of marble rye at his local bakery.

Comment

A beefy dude from NY caught the ball. Go figure.:ROTF: I'll bet he thinks Latte is the name of a woman.:ROTF:
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by ripley156 View Post
          This entire argument has been really bad for baseball...It is easy to argue that steroids make you stronger, that is a gimme...However, I look at skinny golfers and weak-looking pitchers who drive balls 350 yards or throw 95-mph heat. It is more about form that brute strength in most cases...Bonds is a great long-ball hitter. Period. Great eye and quick reflexes. I don't think anyone can argue Bonds is great. An asshole, yes...But great? I would have to say "hell yes".

The part that creates the "*" is the question of HOW much faster and HOW much stronger did Barry being juiced-up add to his HR total? Unfortunately for baseball, Barry will never be remembered as great, only as a cheater. Hell, if steroids helped him turn quicker on 10% of those home-runs or allowed him to just eek the ball of the fence, he would still only be a season or two from breaking the record. He has reached an incredible plateau that most people will never, ever see in their professions.

I remember reading a poll a few weeks ago and many of the MLB'ers said they consider Barry the best in the game. I am probably with the rest of America and really don't care for Barry and this HR chase which should have been so fun (remember the Maguire chase? That was fun for all of America until in-retrospect it turn-out that he was a juicer also)

Not sure why I typed all of this, like I said, this chase hasn't really been any fun and in the end, I am not a BArry fan either, lol...

Not trying to stick-up for him, but just think we need to remember that the juice isn't what made Barry hit the home runs...There was also a lot of skill involved.
          Well said, my typing fingers thank you

Comment

Working...
          X