We have kittens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have kittens!

Well, I've now been up since 4 AM - we have 4 newborn kittens. The kicker is that she went into labor on my brother in law's chest. He just had to say that it'd be about right for her to go into labor while they were here sleeping!

Cool! My cat had 4 kittens in May. 2 were accidentally killed after two weeks, the other two stayed, one is going away today...

Here's when they were one month old:

Comment

Oh how cute! One of ours is white, one is gray, one is black and brown and one is an orange tabby. I'll get pictures as soon as I can find the dumb camera! All of these guys - if they all survive - will go to new homes. We can only have 2 cats in our apartment and the momma was the second.

Comment

We've got 6 kittens at the moment from 2 litters. We have kittens every couple of months or so and keep some and give away what we can. This bunch are more friendly than the last lot and are more varied. We've got ones that are tabby,black and white and one orange and white one at the moment.
        They can be very entertaining to watch!!

Comment

Kittens are cool!! Congrats

Comment

Here are some not high quality pics - taken with my camera phone - couldn't find the real camera -they are out on my myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/kristimills

Comment

Be sure to buy this: http://www.who-sucks.com/animals/jap...mare-come-true
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

alllll darn, i wanted to say, pics or it didn't happen.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  Kittens are cool!! Congrats
                  .... until they piss in your guitar case(s)! We have two cats, both neutered. One of them STILL sprays against anything resembling a TV cabinet or chest of drawers.
                  Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-06-2007, 11:46 AM.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Kittens are cute and all, but I can't help but think it's pretty irresponsible to not have your cat spayed. The shelters are already overloaded with cats that are just going to be killed if no one adopts them after a few months.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      Kittens are cute and all, but I can't help but think it's pretty irresponsible to not have your cat spayed. The shelters are already overloaded with cats that are just going to be killed if no one adopts them after a few months.

We actually didn't know she was pregnant - when we got her about a month ago from the Humane Society of Fulton County, IL she was actually quite sick and underweight because of tapeworms. The vet wouldn't spay her until she gain some weight and was healthy enough to be put under. She didn't start showing until just over a week ago and by that time the vet wouldn't stop the pregnancy. We are actually quite lucky that the cat and the kittens are all doing as well as they are right now.

Comment

Ah, well that's different then. Glad to hear you got her from the H.S..

I hope you can find some good homes for them!
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          .... until they piss in your guitar case(s)! We have two cats, both neutered. One of them STILL sprays against anything resembling a TV cabinet or chest of drawers.
                          Sorry to hear that, we have 3 cats (2 males, 1 female) and they are all spayed/neutered, we don't have any trouble at all, except as soon as I open a case, they want to lay in it. I know if you get males neutered after they have gotten old enough to spray, sometimes they still will after.

Comment

Trick is to keep the cats in the kitchen, keep the door closed. It's when the bastards run thru your legs to get into the living room, and you wind up with "prezzies" behind the TV. What is it with cat piss/poop and TV's?
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                              Ah, well that's different then. Glad to hear you got her from the H.S..

I hope you can find some good homes for them!
                              Thankfully I think we have definite homes for 2 - and a couple of other possible homes. We also have a friend that works with a no-kill animal rescue in the Chicago burbs - the shelter has offered to help with screening potential homes if we need it.

I'm very glad we were able to save this girl from all the ills. She a really sweet one and very people friendly. She'll be getting spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned. It's better for a females cat's health to be spayed anyway - otherwise they are at a much higher risk for cancer, fibroids, and mastitis.

Comment

Working...
                              X