Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fett I think there is alot of good advice here but YOU need to decied what you want to do. I agree with others that you have already decided and your looking for validation. Is this lady into you?

Comment

I think, the fact that you're asking us means you really want this Fett. Maybe you are hesitant because you still feel you should be mourning your wife. I think maybe you're looking for justification, but you really don't need it bro. You have as much right to be happy as anyone else does. You're 57, not dead. My Dad got married a couple of years ago, and he is 59 now.

I do agree with the other guys though, be careful, and don't jump in with both feet before you know her well enough. You're a smart guy, you'll be fine.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It sounds like you want to give it a try, so go for it! But do it like Soap says, just take it slow starting with a date and see how things go. Or if you don't even want to start with a formal "date" (dinner, movies, etc.), just go out for a cup of coffee and talk. Don't you Seattle people just hang out all day in coffee shops anyway?
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          do I need this?
          No. However, you may need to determine if yo "want it."
          "POOP"

Comment

You know if you end up together shes probably not going to eat old $.99 steaks You'll be living the high life Fett! But seriously do what makes you happy man

Comment

Hey Fett- Life's too short to spend it alone. There must be something there or you wouldn't be considering it, but take it slow at first. Good luck and I hope it works out!
              If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

Show her your cheap meat....

Quite honestly, I get a little nervous for any friend that state words like "Fix" or "Save" along with relationship or love. But, you are older and hopefully wiser then I am. Just be careful Fett and clean you trailer.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Is this "saving" monetary or is it psychiatric? If the former, write up a little contract saying that she'll pay you the money back (I know it sounds mean, but this will prevent her from disappearing after you help her out). If the latter, stay far, far away. As much as you care about someone, you can never "fix" them. They need to want to fix themselves first
                  Scott

Comment

Your 1st wife would want you to be happy, right ? You still have a lotta living to do, go slow and take it from there.

Comment

Whats with all this clean your trailer nonsense? Isn't that why he is getting a second one? Just bring her to the new "good" trailer Fett. And keep the old messy one as the secret "Fett Cave" filled with cheap guitars and even cheaper meat. TO THE FETT CAVE!

Comment

Are you on about giving her some input!
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Go for it dude. You have been alone long enough and I am sure yourwife would want you to move on and be happy.

Whatever you do, don't let her see this place. :ROTF:

Comment

i'm sure you gave your first wife a "chance", why not give this one the same opportunity. humans and animals are the same, they are not ment to be alone.
                            ( oh an good idea about the new trailer.) you might want to ease the 70+ guitars on her though.
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

follow your heart but be extremely careful to not be taken advantage of. Your a nice guy and nice guys are perfect victim for scamming and whatnot. Just be careful...dont want to see a good guy hurt!

I know about your wife passing in 89 (sorry again for that) but I'm sure she would want you to carry on with your life without her and that includes companionship with members of the opposite sex
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                Most of you guys know. But her plight is killing me. I can "Save" her. I can do this. The love of my life, my wife, died in 1989. I'm still not over that. But this lady is the first spark I have had since then and she is worth saving. I think. She is beautiful and all that stuff. But she is destitute. I just don't know what to do. And I'm asking my grandsons, sons and brothers. How helpless is that?

fett and thriftstore babe sitting on a tree... :ROTF:
                                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X