My hair is falling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hair is falling out

I started my second treatment of chemo this week, but last week I started noticing my hair was starting to fall out. They told me this could be one of the side effects but due the area they were concentrating on I might not see any hair loss. I still have 4 more months to go. Next month I will start my radiation which is 5 weeks 5 days a week. I will also do my chemo this whole period. They are going to put a bump on me and I will take the chemo for 5 weeks 7 days a week. Up to now I would go one week a month for 5 days. I hope don’t end up looking like Bret Michaels or worst have to shave my head.

After all the shit they have put me through this is part that upsets me, my hair falling out. LOL
    At least it will grow back. I am not losing a lot of hair right now, but more than usual. Yikes!
    Just one more guitar!

Hair loss is the last thing I would worry about. I remember your situation and I am glad to see you back. I wish you all my best. Once you are done, the hair grows back. I hope they told you that.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Thanks Fett. I know it is stupid to worry about the hair. After I got home from surgery I had a band practice 3 days later and we gigged two weeks after that. So I am doing really good. I just love my long hair. LOL
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Cancer treatment? It'll just grow back. And in some situations, all the grey hair disappears and you have the natural color of your hair when it grows back. It happened to a friend of my dad's.

And I love my long hair,too
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Just rock on, scotty.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Good Luck man!

I thought I saw something on the news about a British invention, like a cap that you wear? Sposed to prevent the hair loss.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As long as your still here don't worry about the hair. It will probably grow back thicker. If it doesn't, so what. Your still alive and jammin!

Stay strong!!
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                As long as your still here don't worry about the hair. It will probably grow back thicker. If it doesn't, so what. Your still alive and jammin!

Stay strong!!
                +1. Good luck with everything, Scotty!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Best wishes and good vibes coming your way Scotty... you can beat this!

- Eric
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

having been in the same boat bro, I can tell you it will grow back it sucks but hey it's much better than the alternative......

any day above ground.......... is a good day......
                    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

+1 good luck with the treatment friend. Life is worth all the hair in the world.
                      Sam

Comment

Good luck, best wishes.

Comment

Best of luck bro. And remember, being bald is cool!
                          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                            Best of luck bro. And remember, being bald is cool!
                            Oh yeah? Then why do you look like this?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good luck with the treatment!

So does it make your pubes fall out as well?
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X