Met Scott Travis last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken,
    The first one was a straight ahead speed metal album. The second one was more groove oriented. I like them both. Good stuff...

If I'm not mistaken, both the guitarists from the War Of Words CD played Jacksons. But I remember Soloists when I saw them live on that cycle...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
      Exactly...
      Isn't Judas working on a concept album/CD, is it finished?
      Isn't Scott still in the band or did he get booted?
      Have they (Judas) taken a break from the project or what?
      Whats the word regarding this, anybody know?
      Yes..it is supposed to be released late this year or early next. There supposed to be a new Halford release in the works too!!

Being in Judas Preist, Fight and Racer X is a pretty tatsy Bio..me thinks.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks good info.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I love priest more than anyone. That being said, the Crucible album by Halford is what priest should be now.

I didn't like that last one much and it pains me to say it. I don't have much hope for "Nostrodamus".

I think they took a wrong turn after Screaming for Vengeance and thought there were many bright spots on defenders, Turbo, and especially Painkiller, they should have kicked back to Material like british steel and Point of Entry.

Scott is a world class drummer, and seems to be a guy above spreading/creating dirt. I hope they pay him well. He gave them what they needed to make Painkiller.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I'm well aware of his credits. I've seen him with Priest and Fight. That said, since I haven't seen him pass through town lately, I guess I wasn't sure who he was still playing for.
            The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I'm going to buy the albums Bengal, they're worth a blast.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              At 2:24 and a brief shot at 2:28 it appears the "horns" are the same length, ergo, King V.
              Yeah, good spot Ron, you're right. There's a clearer view of Brian's V in the "Immortal Sin" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LBoxRoZKAI

Comment

That's really cool you got to meet/hang out with Scott! He's one of my favorite drummers. The 'Scarified' intro beat is still one of the coolest ever. And I firmly believe that his drumming propelled "Painkiller" from a good album to a great one.

I'm sure he's still in Priest (never read anything saying otherwise), so it's kinda weird to hear that he's playing in cover bands around his hometown. But I guess it's a way to keep playing out/making some cash until Priest release the new album and are ready to tour.

And, yeah, that's REALLY creepy about Holland.
                Last edited by jwoods986; 08-13-2007, 08:53 AM.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                X