Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    you rock bro. you know that
    It was so awesome to have that chance to actually speak with you..I felt obligated to do that for you and Tommy man!!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think modern rock music went to hell when DLR left VH. Not because he left, but because most bands from the 70s and 80s went to hell around that period, 1985 or so. Kansas, Deep Purple, Rush, Black Sabbath, DIO, BOC, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue, Dokken, and VH even, and the list goes on and on. Their older music is WAY better than anything after 1985.
      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
        I'm just curious, but am I the only person on this planet that couldn't give two shits about Eddie Van Halen, his guitar, or Van Halen touring with David Lee Roth? Or if the tour is a train wreck or they all die, or they all live, or anything even remotely about them?

I am not, and never have been a fan of Van Halen. I have never liked Eddies guitar tone, and I hate music that's basically all about the singers cock and getting laid.

I don't mean this to take away from EVh's obvious talent and contributions to music. But I'm just not a fan of him or anything he's ever produced. And just looking through some of the youtube videos that people have posted recently taking place long before Eddie became this 'guitar god' you can clearly see others were doing lots of things he later took credit for.

Sorry to all those who are going to be offended by this. Actually I'm not, tough shit. I hate your guitar hero.

This isn't intended to start a fight. But I see so much talk about how great he is and I just don't see it.

*And yes I'm expecting hell fire from all the EVH worshipers.*
        Your girlfriend has a "thing" for EVH, doesn't she? :ROTF:

Oh, did I say that out loud? Sorry..........
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
          I think that anyone trash-talking ANY professional musician (especially someone as influential as Ed) should be required to post clips of their own ORIGINAL music. That way everyone can truly understand your standards as a musician.
          1+

Comment

one of Ed's main influences Allan Holdsworth is probablt the sickest guitar player alive... no one can play like him.... but he is one of the shittiest songwriters EVER....
            Don´t know if I am missing something here, but I´d strongly advise to listen to the I.O.U. album before you repeat your vote.

´saw Allan this spring and he is prolly one of the wildest players alive - along with EVH

Comment

After I heard Van Halen I for the first time, I wanted to play guitar. Without him, I wouldn't even be writing on this forum. I can understand some young guys are not into his music, but guitar wise, there was a before and an after VH, same goes for Hendrix.

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel View Post
                Don´t know if I am missing something here, but I´d strongly advise to listen to the I.O.U. album before you repeat your vote.

´saw Allan this spring and he is prolly one of the wildest players alive - along with EVH
                read my post again pal. did I say something bad about his playing... NO!!!
                I concider him one of my influences and no one here can reach to his level but his SONGS are lame dude, I have all his albums... altho there are some decent tunes... most of 'em are ridiculously boring modal crap... just sick ass soloing over lotsa weird chords... that being said... as far as the controll over the instrument goes he is untouchable
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I liked Holdsworth "Metal Fatigue" (not metal) better..and it had Eddie's stamp on it too!!!

Oh and his collaboration on Alex Masi's "Attack of the Neon Shark"..

Frank Gambale, Shawn Lane and Greg Howe is pretty incredible for the fast legato stuff too!

"When Push Comes to Shove" lead break is the best example of AH's influence IMO!
                  Last edited by horns666; 09-12-2007, 01:10 AM. Reason: fuggums TWICE..waite 20 minutes and fuggums again.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ed is the combination of Holdsworth and Billy Gibbons... all the weird out of box shit is from Allan, all the rock-blues licks and pinch harmonics are from Billy.

Metal Fatigue was probably his best album... but I cannot listen to his stuff for very long time ... now Greg Howe who is also a sick motherfucker... I can listen to him a lot because he has some hooks and shit
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Ed is the combination of Holdsworth and Billy Gibbons... all the weird out of box shit is from Allan, all the rock-blues licks and pinch harmonics are from Billy.

Metal Fatigue was probably his best album... but I cannot listen to his stuff for very long time ... now Greg Howe who is also a sick motherfucker... I can listen to him a lot because he has some hooks and shit
                      Yep!

wassup EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X