Blackl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackl

Since Google has a huge amount of pageviews a year, and the white background consumes more energy than a black screen, they created a black version of the google searchengine: Blackle.

http://www.blackle.com/
    Last edited by SlasZ; 08-14-2007, 08:32 AM.

Yeah my friends showed me that website.. I think it's proof that the whole world is going insane. If someone wants to save enery try to cut back on crappy television shows on your huge LCD screen..
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I have it loaded as the default search engine in Firefox. Still have to use google for image searches though
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I think you'll find that the site is not actually Google, the domain is registered by some Australian company. They have merely created a Google custom search page. Good idea though.

I prefer black screens anyway. I must have some goth in me! Ooh matron, steady!
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

no image search function. pfft!
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Is mother earth really in this much danger? I think the wacos are out of control.

Of course we all know this global warming thing is another scared tactic by our federal government right?

Comment

Do you wear a tinfoil hat?

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I wear a kevlar hat with a tinfoil exterior! LOL

Envirmentalism is the new fad. I don't buy into it. I think it's more political than anything else. Of course I've only taken a few geology classes so I'm no expert that the climate of the earth has done some crazy shit in the past.

I see way too much trend in the thinking that the human species cannot make decisions for itself.

Comment

Scott

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with saving a bit of energy, don't try and turn this into a global warming is not happening/happening thread.

If every hit to a webpage like that saves a tiny bit of energy, then cumulatively it will amount to a great deal saved. So by doing that it will let me put petrol in my fast car for a while longer!

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                        There's nothing wrong with saving a bit of energy, don't try and turn this into a global warming is not happening/happening thread.

If every hit to a webpage like that saves a tiny bit of energy, then cumulatively it will amount to a great deal saved. So by doing that it will let me put petrol in my fast car for a while longer!
                        Very true. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but people are thinking the world is ending and that concerns me. Especially since the gov't wants to start taxing the fuel more to ween demand. That pisses me off.

Comment

Glad the JCF does their "blackened" part...

Comment

I think we can all save energy if we recycle our spooge.

There must be products that could be made of spooge. I think they could even make fuel out of spooge. I bet the average 16 year old male produces enough spooge in a week to fuel the tank of a large SUV..

We kill sperm whales for shit right??

Think about it man!!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have the screen for MS Word (the application that I use most at work) set to black, because I think that it's less taxing for my eyes to look at white letters on a black background than staring into a lightbulb all day.

With regard to the global warming issue, read "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton.
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                              X