Perfect intonation Frets job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect intonation Frets job

I was watching the guitar world cd rom and saw VAI talking about his new perfect intonated JEM and did a search. WOW those frets look like a drunk man did them. I wonder if this will catch on? They say it doesnt take any new technique to play either. Hmmmmmm thoses frets look really bad :ROTF:

Plus its almost $600 US to have it done.

Yeah, I read that one, too. Saw them before then, too. I wonder WTF it sounds like when you do string bends?

Comment

The only perfect intonation fret job is to remove the frets entirely.

Comment

Thats gonna make bending notes a bit hit-and-miss, surely?

This kinda thing, and your Buzz Feitens and whatever, always bothers me. I mean, there's been sixty-odd years of pretty good-sounding music played on electric guitars with plain ol' straight frets...

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post

This kinda thing, and your Buzz Feitens and whatever, always bothers me. I mean, there's been sixty-odd years of pretty good-sounding music played on electric guitars with plain ol' straight frets...
          I love Steve's playing but I had the same questions when I saw this fret job.
          I have seen similar styles of frets be for but not this radical.
          I doubt I will ever set up one of my guitars with this system.

Comment

looks pretty fuckin weird to me! I'll play a standard fingerboard.

Comment

I agree with theTroy

Although I've heard good things about this fretting technique...actual "True Temperament" is impossible to obtain. Especially with jumbo frets. For example, play a D chord, then play the same chord by pressing the strings down until they touch the fretboard. Most of the time 3 of the 4 strings will change pitch enough to sour the chord.

Temperament & tone are in the fingers.
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

That's pretty stupid. The equal temperament problem isn't related to the guitar only... it's a problem with how music has been 'ruled'. Or wait does this mean that Bd on one string and A# on another will be different notes, at last? Heck even a piano does't have that :s I honestly don't get that.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post

Check out the vids on the site. They do bends and it doesn't realy sound any different or look any harder.

However, I don't plan on doing this to any of my guitars.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Id like one for recording for sure! But theres a greater variance in pitch 'rocking out', and live sound never is clear enough to notice guitars limitation imo

Comment

So....what does a grind and polish job cost on one of those?!?

Comment

I'm glad I have imperfect pitch because it all sounds good to me

Comment

I'm glad I have imperfect pitch because it all sounds good to me
                          +1

How many percent of your listeners will notice the difference anyway?

"looks organic" my ass, looks like the guitar was found in the wreckage of a nuclear holocaust
                          "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                          The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

That's a crock of shit. If anything it's back-ass-wards as you are more likely to have improper intonation on the higher frets, they hace the frekin G string a good 1/8" back on the first fret. They just sell necks. Intonation can be effected by string guage, height, bridge placemnt.

Comment

+1 OSG The Buzz Feitens theory is sound but all guitars in the band need to set up with this system to sound right.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X