No announcement yet.

The China Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China is the USA 120 years ago. Back then when we did it to ourselves there were reforms. And it got way better. China is out of control now that they have discovered the "World". They think they can just throw any product out there because the can do it for 3 cents. And US Corps are going to rue the day.
    Last edited by fett; 08-14-2007, 03:03 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm going to make a note not to eat my amp or guitar now. They were looking mighty tasty too...

Comment

That's the rub. I have Chinese guitars that are OK. They do make some good adult stuff. I try hard as hell to not buy "Chinese". But, I buy used stuff. But, I am an adult and I know. We are talking about our "Babies". These are the toys that moms and dads buy. Fuck lead based guitar guitar paint jobs. These are kids that are in danger.

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that christmas is totally fucked this year.

Comment

America's goin' down. China will be the next superpower.They're unstoppable!
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Must buy chin-poko-mon. Must become chin-poko-master!
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                Must buy chin-poko-mon. Must become chin-poko-master!
                LOL!!!!

Comment

I'm listening to CNBC and they are trying to explain away the BS that is China. This is just like the POS stuff that came from Japan in the '50's and '60's. If I only knew that then. I would be alive today.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    That's the rub. I have Chinese guitars that are OK. They do make some good adult stuff. I try hard as hell to not buy "Chinese". But, I buy used stuff. But, I am an adult and I know. We are talking about our "Babies". These are the toys that moms and dads buy. Fuck lead based guitar guitar paint jobs. These are kids that are in danger.
                    This is all being ridiculously overblown. Stuff out of Korea used to be "unsafe" and no one died. Stuff out of Japan used to be "unsafe" and no one died. Stuff MADE RIGHT HERE used to be "unsafe" and again no one died.

I bet some of you older guys had lead based paint on all sorts of things or got to play with mercury in science class. Are you dead? Or to the younger people: your parents lived long and healthy enough to produce you so I guess the shit wasn't THAT bad.

I used to race shifterkarts and had to add 40 or so lbs. of LEAD to make the minimum weight. To shape it we melted the shit down in our kitchen. We inhaled a bunch of "toxic" fumes doing that and no sign of lead poisoning. Not to mention the years of exhaust fumes from burning leaded racing fuel with oil mixed in, or methanol with oil.

There is a BIG BIG difference between "has a non-zero probability of causing harm" and "will cause harm". People really need to get a better grip on probability and statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                      America's goin' down. China will be the next superpower.They're unstoppable!
                      Yeah, right up to the point that they really piss us off and the US government writes off all of the debt China thinks they own.
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I din't read any of this thread..are you guys talking about China from WWF.

I met her..She was all juiced up..I could take her, she's a girl!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Of course it's being overblown. But, that doesn't matter. It's all about perception. In this day in age, any bad news is real BAD NEWS.

Comment

wassup..what's the matter..who, who wants some some..China?

I will fuck China is the ass!!

Just pay for the air fair..and tell me who I'm supposed to fuck..it's that simple.

Then send me to Iraq..I have no problem with this..I'm pissed off and on xannax..that shit will be over!!!!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I wouldn't trust anything beyond a screw or cheap electronics to chinese manufacturing...quality control there is nonexistent. Japanese, US, or European made FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                                Yeah, right up to the point that they really piss us off and the US government writes off all of the debt China thinks they own.

Then, they're gonna push the "activate communist grad students" button, and you'll be doomed
                                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X