The China Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The China Syndrome

80% of all toys are "Made in China". Mattel made a recall of a bunch of "Promo" toys. Magnets and lead in the paint. Talk about "Damage Control". :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Yeah... and the head of the toymaker in China off'd himself because of it.

The boss of a Chinese toy manufacturing company involved in a Mattel recall after its products were found to contain excessive lead levels has hanged himself, Chinese media reported Monday.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      80% of all toys are "Made in China". Mattel made a recall of a bunch of "Promo" toys. Magnets and lead in the paint. Talk about "Damage Control". :ROTF:
      With all those Magnets and lead in the paint of your Chinese guitars you better be careful !! You might wake up dead

Comment

I don't lick or chew on my guitars.:ROTF: It's one thing to adulterate pet food and produce tires that fall apart. Hell, we did that a few years ago. But, when you mess with the kiddies, that's a BIG DEAL. We don't even let the little tykes get dirty anymore.
        Last edited by fett; 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
          Yeah... and the head of the toymaker in China off'd himself because of it.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/13/news...reut/index.htm
          What makes you think he offed himself? The Olympics are there next year. They are just cleaning house. This is very bad PR and there has to be fast solutions. I'm not China-bashing. Some Japanese guys that screwed up are "Falling on their swords".

Comment

This shit is pissing me off.
            First I had to take away my daughters Easy bake oven, which wasn't too bad, but now I have to find a way to get all my daughters Barbie dolls away from her!
            She LOVES playing with them so much.
            This will not be fun.
            If they recall Polly Pockets, I'm screwed.
            How do you tell a 4 1/2 year old she cannot have her toys.

EDIT: FUCK ME!!! They included Polly Pockets too!
            My little girl is gonna flip!
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-14-2007, 02:12 PM.
            -Rick

Comment

They are recalling some Polly Pockets, too. Some Dora stuff, as well. Yes, you are screwed. ...So am I - I've got two young girls.

My youngest (2 & 1/2) still hasn't outgrown putting this stuff in her mouth. And the f**kin' a-holes were using lead paint! Not a laughing matter, unfortunately.

Comment

When I grew up, about 100 years ago, my parents didn't care about my toys. And the government didn't either.:ROTF: Now, with all this "News" and the general attitude to be pissed at China, this could be "Big". Just remind your kids that China owns a trillion+dollars of our debt. If they get angry, all hell could break lose. Keep buying China. Don't make them mad.

Comment

Mattel recalls 9 million toys. Yikes This could be the beginning of bringing toy manufacturing back to the US, where it belongs. Higher prices? Yes. Jobs?Yes. Peace of mind? Priceless.

Comment

Mattel recalls 9 million toys. Yikes This could be the beginning of bringing toy manufacturing back to the US, where it belongs. Higher prices? Yes. Jobs?Yes. Peace of mind? Priceless.

+10000!!!!
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

What an opportunity for some major toymaker to bring it all back here. Parents would pay double the price to know that the toy was "Made in USA". I'm no marketing guru, but this is a no brainer.

Comment

We can only dream. China has no regard for the lives of its citizens (they pay them little to nothing) why would they care about us? There have been many questions raised recently about the quality and contents of human food being imported from China as well. American businesses need to stop looking for the best profit margin and look at what is best for everyone involved.

Comment

Food for you or the pets is one thing. But, all you have to do is "Threaten" the health of your kids. The backlash will be amazing. The US consumer will not pay a cheap price for a toy if there is just a wiff of a hazard.
                          Last edited by fett; 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                            We can only dream. China has no regard for the lives of its citizens (they pay them little to nothing) why would they care about us? There have been many questions raised recently about the quality and contents of human food being imported from China as well. American businesses need to stop looking for the best profit margin and look at what is best for everyone involved.
                            All the care and quality of the communist left coupled with the worst elements of unbridled capitalism, now there's a marriage made in Hell.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

This obviously sucks, buuuuuuuuuuuuut.....

Did it strike anyone else as HILARIOUS to hear metalheads talking about "polly pockets" and "barbies"?
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X