There is a Real Estate crash coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a Real Estate crash coming

and here is why. CNBC just told us that the "Seattle Area" real estate market is "Booming" and if you have to come up here in to the corner of the US to find a bright spot we are in big trouble.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

LOL!!!!

I've sold and bought houses within the last 8 years and when you are buying it's a seller's market and when you are selling it's a buyer's market. And society wonders why I'm a nihilist.

Comment

Because you're from Nihlistica?
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

"The times. They are a changin'" Just don't be the last rag hangimg on the clothesline.

Comment

Might want to get that cash ready.

There's going to be hundreds of poor people after this, and a couple of smart ones who'll buy low and get filthy rich within this and five years.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Fett, If we already own a house and paying the mortgage at a fixed interest rate, do we really need to worry?

Comment

This is the chance of a lifetime for all you 30 year olds to watch all the downturn that will happen. Let all the shit fly and sit back and wait. Wanna buy a house? Wait a year. Wanna buy stocks? Sit back and wait. This is not about the solid dudes who ownes a house. This about all the poor souls that are going to get chrushed.
              Last edited by fett; 08-14-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                Fett, If we already own a house and paying the mortgage at a fixed interest rate, do we really need to worry?
                If you're in a 30 fixed and don't plan to sell in the near future, you will be fine. I just locked in on our new home a few months ago and they will have to carry me out of this house in a box. However, I do plan to scoop up what I can from those who are less fortunate.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I bought my house in 98 in a depressed market on a 7.25% 30 year fixed loan.
                  It's now worth almost 4x what I paid for it in THIS market and I refinanced it a couple years back to a 5 1/8% 30 year fixed.

So I'm not worried about my current house, but if prices get any lower, I could use my equity to grab another at a stupid price.

Something for me to think about.
                  -Rick

Comment

That's too bad I won't be in the market to buy anything for another 5 or 7 years. Can the crash wait for me?

Comment

I got news for ya its here,, houses on the beach that brought 1.25 million a year and a half ago can't sell for 425.000, most of em have been mortgaged to the hilt and will end up in foreclosure before long.. of course these same houses were only bringing 500,000 4 years ago, the market just went nuts and now its actually overcompensating, fuggum,,,, my place is paid for, the cows are fat, got a truck load of calves to sell, and next winters hay is already put up,
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

thetroy.Your timimg is right on.

Comment

Oh. And there is up here. There are 500 units going up within my feeble walking distance.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            Oh. And there is up here. There are 500 units going up within my feeble walking distance.
                            That's the part I don't get. All I hear about are forclosures, mortgage lenders going out of business, builders don't have buyers. Yet, where I live, close to Baltimore and D.C. they are putting homes and businesses on every square foot of this place. Somebody has to be buying all this shit otherwise they couldn't afford to build it.
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                              That's the part I don't get. All I hear about are forclosures, mortgage lenders going out of business, builders don't have buyers. Yet, where I live, close to Baltimore and D.C. they are putting homes and businesses on every square foot of this place. Somebody has to be buying all this shit otherwise they couldn't afford to build it.
                              they were doing the same thing here last year, if you don't have the economy to support a rising market there will be a point where things won't sell, vacation homes are always the first things people give up when money get tight , which explains the market here, Your market has a lot of government based income so it should stay good for as long as any,
                              I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                              X