There is a Real Estate crash coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    I bought in today at the bottom. I made $1231.36 in the last 1/2 hour blip. I'll probably loose it all tomorrow, but I think we are do for an oversold bounce. I'm hoping for a rally up to the 50 day moving average, around 8K. Then I'll sell and we'll go down even further.

Remember, I lost my ass in the last bubble and it's taken me 5 years to get back in. I missed out on the rally from 2004 to 2007.
    I've been thinking the same thing, but have no idea which stocks to buy. Any tips?
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      I've been thinking the same thing, but have no idea which stocks to buy. Any tips?
      I have no idea either. I gave up buying individual stocks when I lost $10K (out of $40K) on RFMD. That was when I quit the market.

I bought DIA (Dow 30), SPY (S&P 500), and QQQQ (Nasdaq). I like buying the indexes because I can quickly see if I'm winning - or loosing - my a$$

I wonder if fett would approve?

Maybe we should all chip in and get him some psycho meds

Comment

I'm buying cheap solar stocks (like SOL), cheap shipping stocks (like EGLE) and then some Google and Apple which may go much lower but then I'm comfortable holding them for 5 years+.

One thing to realize about the market right now. Most of the non-financial stocks are exactly where they were at when the market was at 8500-9000.

The reason the market has cratered is because the banks are now insolvent and worthless. This 2000 point dive from last Fall is all about banking.

Comment

Personally I'd stay away from solar. It's still way too expensive to exist without government subsidies.

I'm also getting wary of Google and Apple. If I was going tech stocks I'd probably invest in Microsoft (Win7 coming soon), Intel (consumer-level i7 proc coming soon), and nVidia (new platform coming soon).
          Scott

Comment

I had my ass handed to me in the .com bubble. Being an IT professional, I was all about Tech and NASDAQ. I think I lost half of my money (from $60K to $30K). Also, I got into the market right at the top.

All I can say is that I'm glad I learned my lessons then with relatively less money to loose. I still haven't recovered that $30K, so I'm still negative of what I've put into.

Don't listen to me

Comment

I just cashed out.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                I just cashed out.
                Pretty smart move IMO.

I am thinking that there is no "real" reason for the rise in market value right now.

Companies have put a bunch of individual contributors on the street to ease their payroll burdens, but there is nothing out there making jobs or creating industry to put these people to work.

The great news was that Citi Bank leaked a memo that said they were profitable, after a mighty gov't handout, and GM didn't need life support this month. GE didn't get it's rating downgraded as much as people expected.

Wow, that's the news that we are turning around? I would like to hear that we are putting people back to work - and not on gov't contracts or programs.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Exactly. Until the fundementals change I'm bearish.

But I think I'm pulling out short term. Most likely there will be a profit taking pullback tomorrow, and I might buy back in again. I think this rally will get to about 7.8K before it fizzles out and I'm out for good, until we hit the next bottom.

Comment

Working...
                  X