Kissology bonus disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kissology bonus disks?

So I decided I would pick up the Kissology vol2 dvd set. Then afterwards I come to find out they have different bonus disks. I bought mine at Best Buy and got a Crazy Nights tour. Apparently if you buy it at Walmart you get a Dynasty era concert. I would much rather have that.

So for vol1 what are the bonus concerts and what stores have them.

so far it sounds like one is Madison Square Garden 77 but is cut short and the audio is not the best. What is the version to get?
    Last edited by Mikernaut2; 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM.

I picked up my Volume 2 today. I went to Walmart...I definitely wanted the Dynasty tour show with songs from all 4 solo KISS records.

As for Volume 1...I have the Madison Square Garden 77 show....but weren't these only in the first pressings? Would a Volume 1 bought new today have a bonus disc?

Comment

From Kiss Online...

Here is the final info on KISSOLOGY 2's Bonus Discs. The bonus discs were manufactured for initial shipments only - so get them while you can! ALL 3 discs will be in the market place by the 8/14 street date:

The Ritz-NYC 1988 - @ Best Buy only

Largo, MD 1979 - @ Wal Mart & Sam's Club

Budokan/Tokyo Japan 1988 @ AAFES, Amazon, Amoeba, Borders, Bull Moose, Cat's, Circuit City, Criminal, Cutlers, Dimple, Down In The Valley, Electric Fetus, Grimey's, Forever Young, FYE, Gallery of Sound, Hastings, Homers, House of Guitars, In-Motion, Independent, The Inner Ear, J & R, Looney Tunes, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Newbury Comics, Plan 9, Rasputin, Record & Tape Traders, Rolling Stone, Salzer's, Scotti's, Silver Platters, Target, Twist & Shout, Vintage Vinyl, Virgin, Waterloo, ZIAS (as well as all stores in Canada)

Sounds like the bonus discs will only be available for the first pressings...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Those guys KNOW how to sell their stuff.
        None of them are gifted musically (IMHO BTW) but know a schitck, wrote some cool songs and marketing did the rest.
        Not a bad living...

Seen them quite a few times with and without makeup, always entertaining and always loud.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I was just reading through the list of vendors that have the Tokyo show.

Nebraska Furniture Mart??? WTF???

Do they sell alot of DVD's there???

Comment

I did the same, but after watching the main dvd's, I was really impressed with the Hot in the Shade show's quality.

Couple of thought, only half the Tomorrow Show interview with TS. I would have liked to see a full, or even partial Creatures era show. I really liked the live Elder songs on Fridays, which I remember watching live back in the day. Disk three also has what I assume is a hidden track (it's not listed on the dvd box). I was watching the dvd on my pc, and after the credits roll, there was a home video made by Eric Carr in the hospital, three days after his open heart surgery.

I am looking forward to watching the different version of KISS Meets the Phantom. Oh yea, and the KISS Meets the Phantom "ticket" in the box was cool too.
            Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
            I picked up my Volume 2 today. I went to Walmart...I definitely wanted the Dynasty tour show with songs from all 4 solo KISS records.

As for Volume 1...I have the Madison Square Garden 77 show....but weren't these only in the first pressings? Would a Volume 1 bought new today have a bonus disc?
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Is there a way to tell if the set has the bonus disc or not? Sticker on the front? Can you actually see the bonus disc? That kinda thing???

I'm heading to Wal-Mart on my lunch break to pick this up...

Comment

vh1 classic ran the largo concert after the vol2 special. the largo show would be what i'd want as well, but no way am i going to give wal mart any of my money.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

None of them are gifted musically
                  Maybe techincally gifted but musically they were very gifted. Both Paul and Gene had a knack for writing a good hook. That's not something everyone has
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Paul is one of the most under rated rhythm guitarists out there, IMHO. So I find him quite tallented...

Gene is a MONSTER Bass player. Just listen to his bass lines. No root note riding there. He comes from the Paul McCartney school of bass players, walking all over the place. Tallented...

Peter was a pretty decent drummer back in the day. Just check out his solo on the first Kissology. Quite tallented...

Ace... Well... Ace is my favorite and the reason I play guitar. I LOVE the guy. So I find tallent in what he does...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                      Maybe techincally gifted but musically they were very gifted. Both Paul and Gene had a knack for writing a good hook. That's not something everyone has
                      +1. And Paul's a great guitar player, and Gene writes some kick-ass bass lines!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

cool thanx for the info. I might drop in at Walmart outta curiosity to see if they have any vol 1's still floating around with a bonus disk.

I was kinda bummed after watching the 1st disc of the vol2 set The Tom Snider segment was cut short. But Ace is hilarious in it with his crazy laughter.
                        Also the other segment is really short, then just the Phantom movie. Guess I'll just have to enjoy the other disks which are longer.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                          vh1 classic ran the largo concert after the vol2 special. the largo show would be what i'd want as well, but no way am i going to give wal mart any of my money.

sully
                          I guess they're playing different shows after every time they run the special? The concert I watched was the one from the Unmasked tour in Sydney, Australia.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                            None of them are gifted musically (IMHO BTW) but know a schitck, wrote some cool songs and marketing did the rest.

Uhm, ok ... LOL ... newsflash :

It takes a talented musician to write those cool songs, THAT'S WHAT MUSIC IS! SONGS! Say it again, bucko - SONGS!

I always say the people who hate on them are the people that listen with their eyes and not their ears.

They were superstars *before* the marketing and toys and whatnot, and it was the Alive album that put them there.

Paul Stanley - One of the best frontmen ever in Rock and Roll, period. And yes a very very talented musician, if you don't believe me ( I used to play in a Kiss Tribute band) try singing Love Gun....TRY IT! And if you can even come close let me know ,I would love to hire you. Now, try it while playing the guitar parts too. Now try all of that while wearing platform boots,makeup sweating into your eyes, all the while doing your best to entertain the crowd. Oh yah,try doing it while your in your 50's with a replacement hip.

Maybe you want to revisit that statement? That in my opinion takes a VERY gifted musician AND entertainer. I guarantee you he (and Gene also) is one of the hardest working mo-fo's in rock and roll.

I liked all of their voices actually, to me it takes more talent to play your instrument and sing that it does to just play. Christ, even Peter sang lead on some of their songs while playing the drums. How many hard rock bands since then can you name where ALL the members sang lead? (I stumped myself on this one,I can only think of King's X right now, screw it, it's late for me )

*ALL* of them were/are gifted musically. They influenced a generation of musicians.
                            That takes more than "schtick and marketing".

Comment

Working...
                            X