No announcement yet.

Kissology bonus disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bengal, The NFM is an absolutely huge place in Omaha. In addition to the furniture, they also have a Best Buy sized section with home/car audio, tv's, video games, music, movies, appliances and more. They have stores in Des Moines and KC too.

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    I was just reading through the list of vendors that have the Tokyo show.

Nebraska Furniture Mart??? WTF???

Do they sell alot of DVD's there???

Comment

Originally posted by surfdork View Post
      Bengal, The NFM is an absolutely huge place in Omaha. In addition to the furniture, they also have a Best Buy sized section with home/car audio, tv's, video games, music, movies, appliances and more. They have stores in Des Moines and KC too.
      I didn't know they had one here. I use to see comercials all the time but don't see them anymore. So I checked it out online. Yep, they have one in Clive. Might have to check it out...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

OK, I just finished watching the "kiss vs the phantoms" movie. Which, I guess, is the movie version of Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. It didn't think it was possible, but that version is actually much crappier than the original version. And that's saying something!

The kiss music, mostly from the solo albums, sprinkled throughout the show did not fit all.
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

i believe the movie is the same, just with the original title.

oh, and i was off on the concert that was on vh1 classic; it was the sydney show.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I just ordered a set of 3 Kissology 2's from Ebay, to get all the bonus discs. Damn you again Gene *shakes fist*.....

It's a bummer that everything on these volumes isn't complete, but I couldn't imagine them putting out ALL of Largo 79. I used to show my family that video and nobody could believe how bad Peter was.

If any of you have seen the Sydney show that has the time at the bottom of the screen, I was there when that tape got released. It's a sad story because the sound is not too good on those and here's why.

A good friend of mine at the time and major Kiss collector from the early 80's onward got hold of the Sydney show from someone at Channel 10, the TV channel which filmed it. He was told he could make about 6 copies from the master and then had to give it back and the 6 he produced would be our master copies. Trouble was, his VCR's would muddle the sound a bit when he dubbed, and I knew this so always took stuff back to my place when I wanted a copy. Due to the nature of the tape, he would not let me take it home and I was one of a few people who paid about $100 to get one of the dubbed masters. Slowly it spread around the globe, in different generations, but I have always been bummed I couldn't get the better quality sound. Looks like that will be sorted now.

I still don't know why he adhered to the rules so tightly and only made the few copies and not letting me take it home. Must have had his reasons.

I also nabbed Peter Criss' LA phone number from him around 91 and had a chat to his daughter, as Peter seemed never to be home. Funny times....

Comment

Genebaby,
              Nice story. The source tape for the show is decent. Sometimes it freaks out, either by a munched part of the tape or the light show was too bright and would freak out the tape. Is this the same show? Paul says something to the effect of "You can be louder than last night" so I assume there were at least 2 shows in Sydney. Did they tape both, or just one?

The TV crew did a great job of shooting it, I must ad. Seeing as how TV guys usually don't know music and all...

I'm pretty happy with this set so far...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Bengal,

Yes, there were two shows in Sydney. The one that was tapes was obviously the second night, which was not as well attended as the first, which was fully sold out.

Comment

Working...
                X