Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
    Stryper?
    +1 How could you be on this board and not remember those Killer black and yellow Jacksons they played. I have a 1992 RR1 with the OEM J90C and the boost, and it's pure Stryper all the way! It's a white RR1 but I'm tempted to have it painted.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      +1 How could you be on this board and not remember those Killer black and yellow Jacksons they played. I have a 1992 RR1 with the OEM J90C and the boost, and it's pure Stryper all the way! It's a white RR1 but I'm tempted to have it painted.
      Pop metal.
      The new cookie monster metal bands eat punks like Stryper for breakfast with a side of blueberies.

I don't know, really. I just thought all of those cookie monster metal bands were either satanic, show, goth, hateful or high school killing type background music.
      I never thought some cookie monster band will be singing about JC coming down and the overall goodness of helping humankind while spewing visceral vocal thrusts.
      Who knew?! then again who understands WTF they are saying anyway?!
      Last edited by Joe_Steeler; 08-16-2007, 07:56 PM.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

For Prog rock/metal with Christian influence.. I'd suggest any of Neal Morse's (from Spock's Beard) solo stuff.. he usually has Portnoy from DT playing drums on his stuff..if I'm not mistaken, he just put a new disc out.
        DiMarzio Endorsee
        www.dimarzio.com
        Morley Endorsee
        www.morley.com
        "Intelli-Shred" author
        www.myspace.com/intellishred
        NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

+1 for Tourniquet.....they kick ass....
          I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

I forgot all about Living Sacrifice... They are pretty cool too.

I knew the guys from Crimson Thorn pretty well. My old band nearly played a show or two with them.
            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

*Tourniquet, *Deliverance, *Extol, *Crutch, Mortification, Soul Embraced, Crimson Thorn, Living Sacrifice, Seventh Angel, Stairway, Lazarus, *Detritus, Maverick, Vengeance Rising, Sacred Warrior, White Cross (good guitarist), Narnia, (YJM clone)..my old singer's band Antithesis...and some band called Stryper.

*awesome

Bill Z Bub
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Crutch=Aletheian... Without the bass player.. At least I think thats how it went down. Aletheian still plays some of their Crutch tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                  Ask Bill. On second thoughts, don't ask Bill
                  Oops.. didn't see this until after I posted my list..

Pretty Ironic..doncha think..

I like anything as long as it kicks ass!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                    Crutch=Aletheian... Without the bass player.. At least I think thats how it went down. Aletheian still plays some of their Crutch tunes.
                    Thanks, didn't know that ..Me and my singer saw them play a few years back and were blown away..they gave me their first cd..I love it!

OH, Fuel..BTW ..I have Majestic(both cds) and Harmony (both cd) cds..I love them..especially Majestic ..who is also members of Space Odyssey and Time Requiem..amazing stuff!

I have all Torniquet, Deliverance, and Believer cds..some of my very favorite bands!
                    Last edited by horns666; 08-16-2007, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Oh..a awesome Christian shredder is the great James Byrd..from Fifth Angel..then James Byrd's Alantis..then just his solo stuff..amazing player, one of my faves..very "vocal" player much like Uli..

Comment

Bill,

If you liked them then, you will like them now. Their live show is amazing. I saw them one night on the same lineup card as Crimson Thorn... that was a good night. If you manage to pickup a copy of Aletheian's dvd, they play some Crutch tunes.

Comment

Isn't Byzantine a Christian band?

Also I thought Chris Impellitiri or whatever his name is was a Christian musician?

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                            Bill,

If you liked them then, you will like them now. Their live show is amazing. I saw them one night on the same lineup card as Crimson Thorn... that was a good night. If you manage to pickup a copy of Aletheian's dvd, they play some Crutch tunes.
                            Thor,
                            Thank you!!!..I play Crutch's "Hope prevails" constantly..the band is completely amazing!

Does Crimson Thorn have anything to do with October Thorns..just a hunch..the bassist in my singer's old band played with those guys for a bit.

I believe Chris Impelleteri is Christian..but I don't think he injects much of that in his writing.

I have both Byzantine releases..I never paid attention if they were a christian band..I like them tho..

Oh there is a Chrsitian "death" metal band at the tip of my tounge..ohhhh..Sacrifcium (sp)..something like that..ehhh they're average.
                            Last edited by horns666; 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

OK, good night guys ..If I think of anymore..I'll post 'em!!

Comment

I'm not much of a fan, but Antestor & Horde are popular with some people.

Paramaecium.....doom metal.

There's a BUNCH of stuff out there, but it can be challenging/expensive to find.

Thor: How was the crowd at that Crimson Thorn show? I have a few of their live videos and it always looks like there are about 15 people in attendance. Ya can't get much more nichey than Christian death metal....that's gotta be difficult to draw a crowd for.

Comment

Working...
                                X