found some..
    Aava,
    Divine Fire
    Crimson Moonlight
    Guardian..very VH/Ratt sounding..three/four cds out
    Joshua..gtreat guitarist..melodic
    Jacobs Dream..KILLER band..very classic Queensryche influened
    Holy Soldier
    Lengsel..you'd never think this is a Chrisitian band..
    Leveticus
    Neon Cross
    Theocracy..great power metal
    Virgin Black..great "Gothic" sounding band..very christian lyrics.
    Ultimatum
    Winter Solstice..this always threw me because of the "Pagan" reference.
    X Sinner..cool

Hope that helps..prolly find moore.

OK Good night!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I don't know much, but here's another recommend for Tourniquet. Good stuff!

Jacob's Dream is a christian band? Good band, but their singer shits me. He seems to have pitch problems, and an awful vibrato
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        I don't know much, but here's another recommend for Tourniquet. Good stuff!

Jacob's Dream is a christian band? Good band, but their singer shits me. He seems to have pitch problems, and an awful vibrato
        Yeah G..They are..I know what you mean about the pitch thing with the singer..but he must have took some singing lessons or just got better..their last cd is pretty cool..plus I bought it at Best Buy..so..ehhh..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was thinking of doing a Chrsitian Band as a side project..

Like Eric Cartman did with Faith +1..

Oh man, I literally cry..I mean CRY whenver I see that one..:ROTF:

Comment

Creed..even tho I saw a vid of Stapp with Kid Rock in a trailer getting a beej from groupie. "arms wide open"..the only open on that fag is his mouth and his ass, which are one in the same!

I hate Posers of any kind!

Comment

*Tourniquet
              *Deliverance
              *Extol
              *Crutch
              *Believer
              Mortification..lots of albums..some better than others.
              Soul Embraced..musically..Nevermore-ish..some shred.
              Crimson Thorn
              Living Sacrifice
              Seventh Angel
              Stairway
              Lazarus,
              *Detritus ..a bit like Old Savatage..
              *Harmony..great power/prog and guitars
              Maverick
              Vengeance Rising..classic 80' thrash
              Sacred Warrior..sounds like queensryche
              White Cross (good guitarist)
              *Narnia, (YJM clone)
              Antithesis...my BON singer/friend's old band.
              Aava,
              Divine Fire
              Crimson Moonlight
              Guardian..very VH/Ratt sounding..three/four cds out
              Joshua..great guitarist..melodic AOR LP with Kaler..
              Jacobs Dream..KILLER band..very classic Queensryche influened
              Holy Soldier
              Lengsel..you'd never think this is a Chrisitian band..
              Leveticus
              Neon Cross
              *Theocracy..great power metal
              Virgin Black..great "Gothic" sounding band..very christian lyrics.
              Ultimatum
              Winter Solstice..this always threw me because of the "Pagan" reference.
              X Sinner..cool
              Savior Machine..I think their Christian..kinda weird.
              Barron Cross..
              White Heart
              *Astral Doors..GREAT band ..never thought they were Chrisitian..but lyrics seem obvious.
              *James Byrd..Alantis rising, Fifth Angel and solo very Uli-ish!!!

hmm..I sure I have more..but there is what poped out so far..I have alot to browse through!!

*..my must recommendations

Comment

zao!!!

Comment

Whitecross's guitarist. Rex Carol is amaizing in every aspect. Tone is great. Style is unique. He's from Chicago and when Stryper was in town a few years ago he did a couple of songs with them. Killer player. One of my all time favorite players. As a side note. One of the guitar teachers ( if hes still there)at Park Ave. Music here in lombard. took lessons from Rex. Listen to Rex's solo Nagasake. Its a snipit of his talent.
                  Also if ya want more of a classic hard rock type of thing. Daniel Band, Reserection Band ( very AC/DCesque, Armored Saint, Petra ( still going strong after Greg X Volz left), Barron Cross, Bloodgood( great musicains but the singer is eh, although the second album is better than the first vocally.
                  I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them right now.
                  Gil
                  Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 08-17-2007, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                    Whitecross's guitarist. Rex Carol is amaizing in every aspect. Tone is great. Style is unique. He's from Chicago and when Stryper was in town a few years ago he did a couple of songs with them. Killer player. One of my all time favorite players. As a side note. One of the guitar teachers ( if hes still there)at Park Ave. Music here in lombard. took lessons from Rex. Listen to Rex's solo Nagasake. Its a snipit of his talent.
                    Also if ya want more of a classic hard rock type of thing. Daniel Band, Reserection Band ( very AC/DCesque, Armored Saint, Petra ( still going strong after Greg X Volz left), Barron Cross, Bloodgood( great musicains but the singer is eh, although the second album is better than the first vocally.
                    I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them right now.
                    Gil
                    I see Rex Carol's name on most bands I listed..very respected dude..didn't he have a label of same name?

That dude is a serious player..I have a WC compilation cd something like "By Demand"..there is a solo on there that is like a cross between Eddie Van Halen and Old Gary Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                      zao!!!
                      My bass bud from Abdullah loves that band. I didn't know they were a Christian band..he like the bass..is there shred for me to like.

Comment

Matt Smith (Theocracy) is just an amazing musician he did the whole CD himself drums,guitar,bass and chorale and lead vocals.They are a great live band as well. I've seen them in the Atlanta area.Very heavy and deep lyrics.
                        Its one of those CDs you can listen to over and over.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Evanescence.. Creed..
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            I see Rex Carol's name on most bands I listed..very respected dude..didn't he have a label of same name?

That dude is a serious player..I have a WC compilation cd something like "By Demand"..there is a solo on there that is like a cross between Eddie Van Halen and Old Gary Moore.
                            That solo is the song. Nagasake. And yeah VH and Gary Moore inspired solo. with a touch of Goerge Lynch.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Evergrey are a Christian band. You should definitely check them out, as they're on the melodic/progressive side.

Comment

:ROTF:
                                Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                LOL :ROTF:
                                exactly my reaction!! I think glen benton will proceed to the nearest church, piss on the altar, kill the priest and then laugh his ass off if he read this.

I think he misread the thread title as Anti-christ bands. :ROTF:
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X