How does eBay searching work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does eBay searching work?

(This technically contains a link to "my" auction but hopefully you guys will see why it is linked.)

I'm trying to help my dad sell a go-kart and I can't figure out how to make the listing show up in searches.

Why does this listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140148811766

Not show up in a search for "Vintage Go Kart" ? Or any search at all for that matter...

The auction is too new...give it a few hours...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ah, seems like often I see things with 6d23h46m often meaning stuff is showing up fast. I never really looked at it before

Comment

1000 bucks, i need to find me some vintage go carts......
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

haha - that is on the low end for complete running stuff in good condition

Comment

Usually it depends on when the update schedule rolls around. I've posted stuff and lost almost a full 12 hours before it was in the listings, yet other listings have shown up less than an hour after I posted them.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well it seems to be showing up now. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I went through the same thing on some of my listings. I don't think anyone knows when, how or why ebay does what it does.
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                X