Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F'n arm injury...

Hey friends!

I've been terribly bad at visiting the JCF for quite some time. As some of you might remember, I hurt my right arm in the beginnig of May. It all begun with me not warming up while we rehearsed with Ruin. I tried to compensate the lack of "flow" by playing harder. It ended up with it feeling swollen and weird. Basically.. it hurt like hell, for a long time.

It got good enough for me to make it through the Coldworker tour in the second half of June. Then when I got home and went to work.. it got back to being shit! I used to work in a grocery store, as a cashier. About the same position as when you're sitting by the computer.

So the doctor told me I couldn't use the computer, work, play guitar, ride my mountain bike.. basically, I couldn't do jack shit!

And I still can't...

It's been 3,5 months, and the arm still hurts. They think it's some kind of nerve damage, and it hurts through the entire arm, wrist and hand.

As you can imagine, it pretty much sucks ass. I'm doing light work out to try and rehabilitate it, but things are slow!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys in on the situation (if anyone cares haha ). Cheers to all of you!
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Ah that sucks dude.. good luck with the rehabilitation.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

too bad man! It sucks not being able to play the guitar. Get well soon bro.
      Sam

Comment

That sucks. Not to kick a guy when he's down but people hafta remember there's no such thing as "no pain, no gain". That kinda John Wayne BS is what turns Potential into Handicapped.

Get well soon, bro
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dude that sounds like cervical neck problem..Do you headband like a mo fo when your throwing down as hard as you play??

That may be the problem, I have the same symptom..ruptured disc between C-6 and 7, compressing againt teh main nervo root to left arm. My left amp, hand and fingers are weak, and numb, and aches constatly.

Metal dudes such a Kerry King, Dave Mustaine, Jason Newsted, John Schaffer and others actually thought the were going yo stop playing..especially with Schaffer and Mustaine..some just took long breaks!

It's like a bad case of eternal whiplash..does your neck/back hurt you..it would if that i sthe cause of your prpb, if not..prolly just the arm..maybe like a carple tunel thing.

I had a never conductive test on my left arm, hand and funger(playing hand)..ouch!

I can't belive it's bothering thing long , this much. Nexet you sww your doc ..if it's still botherinbg you..E Ray your neck!!

Sorry man!!..I feel your pain!

Hang around and keep ud posted!!

Bill Z
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

man, that really sucks. So are you following a prescribed rehabilitation program, or are you just working it out yourself?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro. Take care and come back soon.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I would just take it easy. I had the same thing a while back and kept pushing it. Doing things around the house,work and playing. I had to take a long reak (like almost a year) and it feels much better now.

Keep us posted.

©

Comment

Thanks alot for the support guys!

Matt - Yeah exactly... no playing hero for me!

Bill - I hope it's not connected with the neck, since the neck/back feels OK. I always try to warm up and stretch my neck and back really well before a gig, since I don't want to hurt it. Thanks for caring bro!

Gary - Yeah, it's a prescribed program, so I'm hoping it'll help. How's it hanging down under?

Chris - Yeah, I've been pushing it for a while, during the summer... but I realize that I have to slow down! Good to hear that you're feeling better! A light in the end of the tunnel...

https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                  X