No more cheap meat for fett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more cheap meat for fett

The nice people at QFC and Albertson's have figured out "Not" to have cheap meat for me. When the POS Bigwigs decide to "Cut it Down" we are not only talking about meat. I talked to the head Butch at my QFC. They are reducing the hours of the 4 at QFC in the meat department.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

You are running them out of business. No matter what they say they are going to have to reduce the price for fast sale or throw it out. I would thing they would still want to make some money. I doubt that polocy will last too long.

Comment

It's worse than that. Someone figured out just what sells and how many. So the actual amount of meat that needs to be marked way down has diminished. I just hate efficient markets.

Comment

Well, it's not as bad as I thought. I just bought a case, 12 1 pound packs, of Jean-E-O ground turkey for 99 cents. That was for the whole case.

Comment

There will always be inventory loss in the grocery biz. There is no way to get around safety laws and the fact that food doesnt stay fresh forever. My mom works for Tom Thumb and is always getting awesome deals on meat. They have tried everything in the world to avoid price cutting to move older inventory, but they always end up doing it. Buy it, freeze it, save a bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            Well, it's not as bad as I thought. I just bought a case, 12 1 pound packs, of Jean-E-O ground turkey for 99 cents. That was for the whole case.
            What's your definition of meat? Don't put them on the grill...the stuff they use for filler will char immediately and stick inside of it foerever. You would have to replace with yet another discarded curbside Weber Classic. What a waste!

Comment

I kept two packs, cooking as I type, and gave the rest to my dau-in-law. Family of 6. I bought 3 packs of Lil' Smokies for 79 cents per. Gave them to the dau. Those things will last forever. This will gross you out. I bought Chick of Sea boxes of pouch tuna, sauce, and breaded mix. Two years ago. $1 a box.It sat in my van for months. Then in my fridge for a year.:ROTF: Being the derring-do guy I am, I decided to eat it. It was fine.:ROTF: And, I didn't die.
              Last edited by fett; 09-07-2007, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Yet...

Comment

maybe this explains the headache Fett?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    maybe this explains the headache Fett?
                    OMG. That is funny.

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      This will gross you out. I bought Chick of Sea boxes of pouch tuna, sauce, and breaded mix. Two years ago. $1 a box.It sat in my van for months. Then in my fridge for a year.:ROTF: Being the derring-do guy I am, I decided to eat it. It was fine.:ROTF: And, I didn't die.
                      You've been lucky...

Comment

There is a touch of irony you being from France and all. The only thing that really got me was a bad loaf of French bread.

Comment

Outta the way! Fett's got the shits! :ROTF:
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                            Outta the way! Fett's got the shits! :ROTF:
                            It was aweful.
                            Last edited by fett; 09-08-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Did you edit that after posting some horrific graphic description just then? No! I don't wanna read it! :ROTF:
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X