No announcement yet.

That's a nasty ass hurricane coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been lucky down here. We haven't had a major hurricane in years. Every year we think about it though.

You can never tell where they are going to land. For Christ sake when was a weather man ever right?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Nothing like moving a 1/2 million dollar boat from Florida to just below Houston thinking it might be safer.
      "POOP"

Comment

Well, it looks like there is another one cooking in the tropics.

Gots lots of beef and pork that I can throw on the smoker if power goes ot for a few days and thaws everything out.

Anybody want to come on down for a Hurricane Barbeque?
        1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        Jackson SLATQH
        Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
        Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
        Jackson DKMGT (project)
        Kramer Focus 1000
        Ibanez SDGR Bass
        Ovation Celebrity
        Martin Backpacker

Comment

They still say 16 named storms this year and Dean is only #4. The height of the season is now til the end of September. It looks like Dean's going further south than previously thought and will cross more of the Yucatan, then hit north of Mexico City. Good for Texas, bad for Mexico.

November 30 is a long ways away....
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Apparently the authorities have been round to all the palm trees and said "Hold on to your nuts, this is going to be one hell of a blow job".

Thankyouverymuch, Jeeves, my coat please.

Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Damn! it is now a Cat 5 Hurricane, those poor Mexicans are going to get hammered. That is as bad as hurricanes get. Good luck to them.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Well, it's headed further south, so it's supposed to pass over a sparsely populated region of the Yucatan, Belize and Guatemala. Thing is, the people who ARE hit in those areas likely won't have any rescue efforts coming their way since they're isolated. God help anyone in the path of a Cat 5 hurricane!

Because it's going over more of the Yucatan, it's expected to weaken to a Cat 1 coming back into the Gulf and maybe Cat 2 when it hits the Mexican mainland. That's bad enough, but at least it won't be a Cat 5 hitting Mexico City.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I just filled up my gas tank in anticipation of the coming price increase. One city south of here it is $2.59 a gallon, and that's about the cheapest in the whole state.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It is already rising here.
                    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                    X