Fat kids and school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat kids and school

Parents. Wake the fuck up. Overweight kids have a 20% higher absentee rate. And it's not because they are "Sick" for a day. They are not going to school because of the ridicule from their mates. YOU feed them shitty food. YOU allow them to buy shitty food. The Schools serve shitty food. I am old enough to remember when, maybe, 3 kids out of 200 was overweight. This just sucks.
    Last edited by fett; 08-19-2007, 03:55 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Oh Man...

I don't have any kids, but the only thing that might save you from a whole bunch of posting by angry parents is because everyone likes Fett!

No doubt kids are fat, but it goes deeper than bad parenting

Comment

Not really. Parents can and should control what their kids eat. There are some kids that will be heavy because of genes. But, this is bigger than that. The food we feed our kids, for whatever reason or who does it, is making a lot more kids put on a lot more weight than they should.

Comment

I graduated in 1990, and Fett is right. When I was in HS not that long ago at all. There were handfull of Fat kids in our School of around 2500 kids.

Last year my stepson started 9th grade and almost half the kids are overweight it seems in his HS. The majority of the girls all seem to be "chubby" not fat, but could lose 15 pounds. Alot of heavy boys.

I know it has to do with cable/videogames/internet/single parents. Meaning kids not going outside anymore and eating lots and lots of fast food.

Growing up I was never inside. Saturday morning I would wake up early to watch cartoons, which were usually over by 10 or so, then it was out the rest of the day. I don't think some of the young kids in my family have even been outside for more than the minute it takes to walk from the car to the mall entrance.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Grow up in the '50's.:ROTF: We were outside playing all day long. To be in the house sitting around was not even a thought in our minds. We took care of ourselves. Our parents expected us to be gone.:ROTF: I got the first wiff of the staying inside with my 24 year old son. But he did play outside. Video games was the big change. Now, we have parents living in places that may have 1 kid per house. If you are lucky. The bottom line is that kids don't burn off all the shit they eat. They sit around and play video games. A friend to play with is not next door. The kid has to be driven by mom to see a friend. I am so glad that I had a "fringe" kid that played outside with some local kids.

Comment

And I really rest my case. I have seen more really fat kids walking a long way. They have to walk because they are too young to drive. And they are still FAT. Guess what parents? You are feeding your kids as if they were pigs waiting to be the hotdogs your kids eat to make them Porkers.

Comment

One thing I've noticed is that most of the over weight "lazy" kids come from parents with a little dough. Drive through a "poor" neighborhood, and you'll still see the skinny healthy ones outside playing. Tell me why that is?
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The parents are feeling guilty. So they buy them Junk Food. Make little piggy happy with food. Because, for a lot of kids in that's all a parent can do. They are too busy.

Comment

When I was growing up, the only video games I could play at home were an extra-crappy version of Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 and yet even crappier games like E.T. and Adventure. You would be a fool to stay inside playing those all day! But these poor kids today are completely mesmerized by the PS3 and XBOX 360, which kick ass.

Comment

Yeah. You got that right. The 30 something parents have to raise couch potatos and cut the growing up Calories in half. A kid's metabolism needs Cals to grow so they can burn them off and eat more. Take away the "Burn" and they get "Fat". Because, the kids have no place to "Burn"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-12-2008, 10:25 PM.
                      Just a guitar player...

Comment

Too many parents don't have the balls to tell the kid to get out of in front of the television or computer, because they have a built in electronic babysitter. If those same kids were outside playing, they might just get in a little trouble....which would require a little bit of work from the parents. Lazy parents = Lazy kids.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

A lot of these fat kids come from low income or welfare households, the parent is generally fat herself. I just know that everytime I'm in line in the store and there is a big fat broad with a couple of big fat kids, pushing a shopping cart full of soda, candy,chips and little debbies and ding dongs, she'll be buying that garbage with food stamps, not a veggie to be seen anywhere, then its off to McDonalds for the meals of the day,
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Or they could be Italian..Food is sacred in their culture..I know!
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

In the good old days, when I were a lad, I'd not be in playing violent video games. No, I was out with my mates, lighting fires, nicking birds eggs, trying to derail trains and shooting air rifles at farmers/dogwalkers/cats/dogs/any fucking thing that moved. Then running like the clappers away from the Filth. That kept me thin. Ish.

Also to blame is the campaign to eradicate bullying. There was only one fat kid at my school - Fatty Johnson. Now Fatty Johnson would never be picked for anyone's team, never had any friends, and had to suffer many humiliating boot-propelled falls into the Long Jump sand-pit for some reason (I can't recall why, maybe just because he was fat.) The only time he was in demand was when some poor twat was on the floor and had to suffer a "Punishment Pile-On". Fatty J was the man for the job then, and only then. No-one in their right mind would have wanted to be anywhere as near as Fatty Johnson, and we would have jumped under a train at the first sign of a pair of tits under our own shirts. Fatty Johnson's life was hell, but that was cool, better him than me.
                              Today kids don't get to feel the triumph of rolling a fat kid round the playground telling him he really is Augustus Gloop. Today they no longer have to fear being the school Fat Knacker, bullying is frowned upon. They have no idea.

I'd send the fatties to Cartman's Fat Camp.
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X